5 Low Key Makeup Ideas for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marymount chapter.

Whether you plan on spending it indoors or out and about, Spring Break is the time to have fun and enjoy some time away from school. It’s almost like a precursor to summer. If you’re lucky, you’ll be spending it in warmer weather! Regardless of where you are, leave your worries behind and a majority of your makeup. I have five ways for you to rock a low key look this spring break:

1. Light Pink Lip 

With winter gone and the warm weather rolling in, hopefully, it’s about time to transition from dark colors to brighter ones. The same thing goes for your lipstick. Swap out that deep purple or vibrant red for a simple pink toned lipstick or gloss. If you want to go super simple just try a tinted lip balm. 

2. Nude Shadow With A Bronzed Crease

If you are like me and find your eyes to be the focal point of your face, you often dress them up with some heavy eyeshadows. For spring break I suggest laying off all the shadows and dusting a light shimmery or nude shade on the lid with a bronzey toned shadow in the crease. This really defines your eyes and allows them to pop without all of the hassle and time. 

3. Powder

This is a big one! Instead of caking on a tone of foundation and primers, I suggest just applying a skin toned or translucent powder. It takes no time at all and sucks up the oil from your pores. Plus it can easily be stashed in your bag and applied at any time. 

4. Cream Blush 

While I do love powder blushes, I find cream blushes to be a lot easier to apply. They don’t require brushes or a massive amount of blending. When in a hurry, or trying to keep your look simple, a cream blush is the way to go. Many cream blushes come in a stick form that you swipe on and gently rub in with your fingers. 

5. Mascara Only

Regardless of whether I am wearing any other makeup or not, I always reach for eyeliner. During spring break, and even the summer months, I try to put my eyeliner away and use it only when I’m having a night out or special event. It gives yours eyes a break and adds a sense of innocence to your look when you don’t wear it. Instead of reaching for your eyeliner, just apply mascara. 

If you really want to give your face a break, I suggest not wearing any makeup at all. Makeup or not you are beautiful the way you are and you deserve to make the most out of your break! Don’t allow your look to be something you worry about.