This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

“WHO’S GOING OUT? That’s the question that seems to plague college students on a nightly basis. Those at UMD, specifically in Greek life, sometimes struggle to figure out which fraternity party to hit up on a Thursday night or which bar to go to for happy hour. One bad social decision can cause a person to experience an extreme case of FOMO (fear of missing out).

Photo taken from Google

The social media application: WIGO (AKA, Who is going out), is truly revolutionizing collegiate social life. The Maryland community can now relax knowing that this remarkable app will help students determine where to spend each night out in our lovely College Park town. Girls and guys no longer need to stress about missing out on a great night with the use of this killer social aid, which has already proven to be a trend among college students!

According to the Director of Business Development and former UMD student, Tyler Schwartz, WIGO is an app that is exclusive to college students and its notorious for being one of the first true social media platforms that allows users to make plans with ease.

Schwartz says, “WIGO hopes to monetize not only by ads within the app but also through other forms that cannot be disclosed at this time.” Today WIGO is growing at an exponential rate and Schwartz is “crossing his fingers” to see continual success.

Its simplicity is probably the most amazing aspect! Students can connect the app to their IPhone/Android and immediately, contacts and Facebook friends are added to one’s profile. People are able to create personalized events on the site and tap to invite the friends they’d like to see there! The GPS feature tracks the events that are occurring in nearby areas so when they go to select which event to join, every local option appears.

WIGO not only assists with the social aspect of college but also philanthropic and educational endeavors as well. For example, to gain more revenue for the application WIGO offered sororities and fraternities a deal: “For every person that clicked going to KD Karnival (event to raise money for Prevent Child Abuse America), WIGO donated one dollar towards our philanthropy,” explained Kappa Delta Sorority social chair, Kaela Schneider.

Nowadays, college life revolves around social media and students are physically glued to their phones. As long as students continue to make use of apps like WIGO, students will surely be able to avoid cases like FOMO, thanks to all these great new inventions! Be sure to download WIGO in your app store now and start your journey to create and maintain a better and more successful collegiate social stature.

Hi I'm Taylor Brooke sophomore at the University of Maryland! I'm a communications major and spend most of my free time writing and listening to music. I'm a member of Kappa delta sorority at UMD!