Why I Can’t Stop Screenshotting Everything the Kardashian-Jenner Family Posts on Social Media

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

If you hear the words “Kardashian” or “Jenner,” you almost instantly picture one of the five influential sisters in your head. Kourtney, Kim, and Khloe Kardashian, and Kendall and Kylie Jenner each have millions and millions of followers on every social media site available. These social media queens can get everyone talking within seconds of putting anything out there to share.

Whenever I see something I like on any social media accounts, or in general, I typically screenshot it on my iPhone so I have it saved for later. And honestly, the majority of these are pictures were posted by the Kardashian and Jenner sisters. Whether I like their specific glam outfit, pose or picture set-up, or some product they are endorsing, I think I might be truly hooked on constantly staying updated on whatever they are doing, just like every other girl in this generation.

These women continue to dominate in setting the newest trends in literally everything— clothing, make-up, interior design, cars, body shape, vacation—anything they do or have, everyone else wants the same.

Take Kylie Jenner for a major example. So many of us obsess over her lips and what she does to make them so plump. So when she released her lipstick line, Kylie Lip Kits, they sold out in seconds, based solely on the fact that it was a product she uses. Now there are clearly other lipsticks on the market in the same colors, but with Kylie’s name stamped on her line, her product moves straight to the top.

And what makes all of this that much more obvious that we are obsessed with their lives, millions downloaded Kim’s and Kendall and Kylie’s app of a game that mirrors their lives. We clearly can’t get enough. Their latest business venture of creating websites and corresponding apps for each sister, brought in millions of paying subscribers that want constant content to dive deeper into their lives.

We look up to these gorgeous, funny, and real women. Clearly they are doing something right with the amount of money they have made. They all are relatively close to our age so we are into the same things. They continue to reinvent fashion and the latest crazes that we have to try and imitate.

There are a lot of haters against this family, but you can’t deny their business success. Anything they do in the future is bound to be incredibly successful with the kind of platform they have created. Whether you want to admit it or not, there are millions of people trying to keep up with the Kardashians, me being one of them.

Kathryn Brown is a freshman at the University of Maryland, planning to major in broadcast journalism. She is also a UMD cheerleader and a member of the Kappa Alpha Theta Sorority. She hopes to obtain internships in the future that enhance her journalism skills where she can one day land her dream job of being an anchor on E! News. She loves making people laugh and reality T.V.