When You Feel Personally Victimized by ‘Lilly for Target”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

After the announcement of the Target and Lilly Pulitzer collaboration ‘Lilly for Target’ college girls everywhere rejoiced. You waited as patiently as possible to get your hands on one of your favorite designer brands at a fraction of the cost. The wait was almost as bad as waiting for your professor to post final exam grades.

When the look book was released you could hardly contain your excitement over how beautiful everything was. It was like you were looking at one of the best things to ever be created. 

You were already imagining yourself walking out of Target triumphant with all the Lilly Pulitzer your heart desired. 

However, when the clothing line finally made its debut in store at Target and online you felt like your life’s dreams slipped out from under you in a matter of minutes.

You waited in line for hours at your local Target to open its doors so you could dive into the Lilly for Target collection and have all of your wildest fashion dreams come true. 

But when Target opened its doors you soon realized grabbing a piece or two from the clothing line in your size was going to be more difficult then trying to save your grades mid semester. 

Madness ensued and you didn’t know what to do with yourself as racks of clothing disappeared before your very eyes. 

After only managing to grab one cute item in your size or nothing at all like most shoppers. You left Target feeling like you would never recover from this devastation. 

Once the line sold out in a matter of minutes you were hopeful that maybe more Lilly for Target would be released soon. Target then later released a statement that it was unlikely they would be restocking items from the collection. You officially lost all hope. 

In the end even though you love your Lilly you feel like your best friend since elementary school has stabbed you in the back.