This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

You’ll never catch Hannah Ku without her staple fashion accessory: her sunglasses. The proud owner of eight pairs of sunglasses,  Ku uses them as her signature styling piece. Ku has had a passion for fashion for as long as she can remember. However, recently Ku wanted to take the next step with her love for fashion and created her own blog: SINKLIKEKU. The name SINKLIKEKU comes from a combination of Ku’s middle name Sinsil mixed with her last name. 

“I wanted to share with readers my perspective and thoughts through this blog and what it means to sink like ku,” said Ku. 

Ku admits she was nervous to branch out and start a fashion blog as she felt a sense of pressure to portray her vision accurately to her readers. But that did not stop the senior communications major with a concentration in public relations from starting her blog earlier this year.

Courtesy of Grace Chun

Jane Birkin serves as one of Ku’s favorite style icons alongside the everyday style bloggers she follows on Pinterest. Ku also draws inspiration from the popular trend of street style. Currently Ku updates her blog as the seasons change with her go-to looks for that season. As for the stores Ku shops at regularly to achieve the looks she blogs about, Zara is her favorite. However, Ku says the clothing pieces she loves the most have been found in the most unexpected places.

As a full-time student, Ku wishes she was able to update her blog more often than she has since launching last September. But this semester the senior hopes that she will find more time to do so in-between classes. Ku admits she never thought having a style blog would be as much work as it has turned out to be.

Grace Chun, a friend of Ku’s, photographs all the photos that can be seen on her blog. Planning ahead is a necessity when it comes to doing a shoot for her blog says Ku. Working around her schedule and Chun’s to shoot sometimes leaves them with only a half-hour to get the job done.

Ku says her favorite trend happening right now is the white sneaker trend. She loves how versatile the trend is and how they compliment almost every outfit.

“I love how they are paired up with dresses or dress clothing. Instead of wearing heels with a dress or a jumpsuit, white sneakers can replace it and offer a different street style look,” said Ku. “It makes going out a lot easier and more comfortable!” 

Courtesy of Grace Chun

Fashion blogging remains a hobby for Ku but she is open to the idea of pursuing more with it in the future. As for now you can keep up with the latest style trends on Ku’s blog and catch her walking around campus looking fabulous!