This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Name: Tim Visclosky
Year: Senior
Graduating Class: 2012
Major: General Biology and Communication
Hometown: Silver Spring, MD
Residence: College Park, MD
Relationship Status: Sorry girls, this cutie is taken!  He’s currently in a long-term relationship.
Activities/Interests: Travel, very active with the American Medical Student Association on-campus.

HC: What was one of your best experiences at UMD?
TV: I’ve been able to study abroad during two winter terms in Peru and Belize and I spent last semester studying abroad in Ghana. But if you mean on-campus, my organization helped to hold a press conference last year celebrating a specific portion of the federal health care reform bill. I was able to be a part of and it allowed me to meet the Surgeon General.

HC: What are your post-graduation plans? Dream job?
TV: I will be going to medical school next year. My dream job is to be a practicing physician, not sure what kind yet.

HC: If you could pick a song that you feel represents you, what would that be?
TV: I’m not really sure, I don’t listen to a lot of music, but I can say that Eye of the Tiger is what I play before most big events in my life.

HC: Do you think it’s the guy’s job to make the first move, or do you consider yourself the type that prefers being approached by girls?
TV: I guess I wouldn’t really have a preference. I would typically expect to be the one to make the first move but I wouldn’t be opposed either way.

HC: What’s the first thing you notice about a girl/what kind of girls do you like?
TV: I like girls who are smart and who don’t share all the same interests as me. I wouldn’t want to date someone who was too much like me. My girlfriend and I are polar opposites in terms of most of our interests and I find that that keeps both of us trying and learning about new things as we get involved in each other’s things.

HC: What are some turn-offs/pet peeves/deal breakers?
TV: I don’t like girls who wear too much make-up or who clearly concentrate too much on their appearance. I don’t like it when people are lazy and apathetic, I don’t care what you’re interested in so long as you are passionate about it.

HC: Describe what the ideal first date would be like?
TV: That would probably depend on the girl. I would like something simple and enjoyable and that would give me an opportunity to get to know the person. I would try to plan something that I knew they would enjoy but not too high pressure. I see first dates as just an opportunity to learn about someone, not something that should be overplanned or stressed over.

HC: What kind of relationships do you prefer?  (None, long-term, short-term, quick flings, etc.)
TV: I prefer long-term relationships.

HC: Have you ever done something crazy or out of your own comfort zone to impress a girl?
TV: I can’t think of anything, but that’s probably just because the things that would be outside my comfort zone would probably not impress my girlfriend so I’ve never really had a reason to.

HC: If you could describe yourself in just three words, what would they be?
TV: Ambitious, curious, loyal.