Taylor & Tommy Johnson ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Name: Taylor and Tommy Johnson (Tommy’s on the right, Taylor the left in the above picture)

Year: Juniors

Hometown: Darnestown, Md. A.K.A MOCO

Major/Minor: Both – Electrical Engineering with a minor Technology Entrepreneurship

Relationship Status:

Tommy – Single

Taylor –I’m dating the writer.

Why are you single:

Tommy said to put this image here  

Why are you dating me:

Taylor – That’s a good question, final answer.

What advice would you give to single girls:

Tommy – There is nothing worse than a drunk try hard wanting my attention when I’m just trying to hang with the guys, learn to play it cool.

Taylor – There is nothing worse than a circle of girls just standing around at a party, be more social, come up to us.

What is your best physical trait:Taylor –My hair! C’mon it’s all natural and no product.Tommy – My mom thinks my butt is nice.To be fair I have met their mom and she is a sweetheart!

Little known fact:Tommy – I’m a frat star but not many people know it.Taylor – I broke my neck snowboarding and I lived to tell the tale! I’m also a shy pee-er.

What should a girl do to get your attention:“Scream Taylor” – Tommy.Taylor – Buy me a drink, it never happens so that would be amazing, I love a good margarita.

Is twin telepathy of any sort a real thing:Taylor – Of course it’s a real thing.Tommy – Yes, sometimes I can even read other peoples minds too.

Do you have the same “type” of girl, if so describe her:Tommy – “I ain’t got no type, bad bitches is the only thing that I like.”Taylor – You.(Good answer)

Have you two ever experienced an awkward encounter with one twin hooking up with one girl and she not knowing you have an identical brother:Tommy – Yes, our freshman year, this one girl was too drunk to realize the difference between us. She ended up mistaking Taylor for me. It was plenty awkward the next few weeks for all three of us, but I think we can all look back on it and laugh, or at least I can I’m not sure about Taylor.

How often do you guys dress identically:Taylor – Pretty often actually but it’s never on purpose.I guess today is no different as they are wearing the same Sperry’s, same black t-shirt, same khakis, and probably the same boxers.

Have you two ever switched places, and why:Tommy – Yes, in high school to mess with our teachers, it wasn’t as cool as it sounds…but Taylor still thinks it’s fun to switch for girls.

Do your parents ever confuse you two:Taylor – Yes, especially when they ground both of us for something the other has done.

Do you ever have the same dream:Taylor – Yes, it is called Venture Storm and we dream it everyday.

Tell me a little bit more about Venture Storm:Tommy – We want to transform the way students bring their ideas to life, specifically software related. We’ve been working really hard with our team including three other UMD students to bring this dream to life. With the website finally launched, we are thrilled to see what is in store for our future and the website. Check it out at www.venturestorm.com !

Which one do you think is smarter:Taylor – Me.Tommy-Me, I wear glasses.Taylor – Well, I need glasses.

Which one do you think is more studious/hardworking:Taylor- That is Tommy for sure.Tommy – Hundred percent me!

It’s not everyday you get to experience identical (well we’re 99% sure they’re identical, it hasn’t been tested yet) twins together. Clearly from the interview anyone can see how different the Johnson twins are and how Taylor clearly censored his answers for the better.

Sophomore Communication major with a passion for beads and Diet Coke.