Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Maryland Blog

Four Ways To Look Fabulous for Graduation

By Marti Reiff
May 5, 2013 - 8:46pm

READ MORE

Beautiful Maryland weather vs. Horrible UMD schedules

By Laura Shaposhnikova
May 1, 2013 - 11:28am

This weeks forecast is steadily in the high 60's and low 70's with tons of sunshine and low chances of rain. This weeks calendar, however, is full of group projects, term papers, and cramming last minute assignments before the finals rush comes toppling down over us all.             The problem is, sunshine is literally a lifeline for so many after a cold, rainy winter. But finishing up the semester strong is absolutely critical for so many classes. What's a girl to do? Real life collegiettes tell us how they balance fun in the sun with pouding over their books. READ MORE

America Reads Day

By Sharon Johnson
May 1, 2013 - 2:39am

320 first-graders from schools all over Prince Georges County gathered in Cole Field House early Friday to celebrate Maryland Reads Day. The five hour event was hosted by the on-campus tutoring organization America Reads*America Counts, an organization that seeks to improve the skills of students who are falling behind in math and reading.
READ MORE

Summer Job Vs. Unpaid Internship

By Sharon Johnson
April 25, 2013 - 2:23pm

Over the past few months, I have been on the hunt for summer journalism internships to add to my resume as a broadcast student. While scouring through emails about internship opportunities, however, I have seen a few common requirements: 1.     You must have a certain amount of experience to perform the required tasks; 2.     The employer usually want juniors, seniors, or recent graduates; 3.     The internship is unpaid.
If a student meets the above criteria, they have to ask themselves, “Would I rather work a whole summer and get paid at a job that has nothing to do with my career ambitions, or work in my field but struggle financially?” READ MORE

Stepping Out In Spring

By Abbey Weit
April 23, 2013 - 6:52pm

It’s that time of year again, where we shed our sweatshirts and start drinking in the sunshine. It’s finally springtime and with the warm weather here to stay it seems like all anyone wants to do is run around outside. As the temperature slowly begins to climb, more and more fabulous activities open up for us to enjoy. It is time to get up and be active and enjoy the great outdoors. Here are great ways to spend your sunny Saturday afternoon! READ MORE

Finding A New Way

By Phoebe Dinner
April 23, 2013 - 6:45pm

First semester seemed like another lifetime.  There was so much that being a newly initiated member of AEPhi brought that I didn’t even know what I was missing first semester. I always heard that balance was a hard thing to achieve in college but never had that much of a problem with it first semester because my schedule was not too overwhelming. READ MORE

Gym, Tan, Work

By Jamie Weissman
April 23, 2013 - 6:24pm

Photo Credit: President's Promise of UMD             As the semester comes to an end and finals come around the corner students at the University of Maryland have one thing on their mind: how can I work more over the summer? READ MORE

One Night Only

By Camille Moore
April 8, 2013 - 10:33am

WARNING: This article is for a mature audience only! I find it extremely empowering when women take control of their sexuality and make the decisions that are right for them instead of listening to society. I mean, as long as we are practicing safe sex and not hurting anyone—and broken hearts don’t count boys—then I don’t see why we can’t get a little risqué this Valentines’ Day. Instead of sobbing about not having a date, take some tips on how to have a successful one-night stand from one of the funniest sitcoms out right now, The Mindy Project! READ MORE

Best Dorms on Campus!

By Jaclyn Turner
April 7, 2013 - 7:15pm

One of the most exciting parts of going to college is decorating one’s dorm space! Choosing wall décor, cute bedding, and comfy pillows are all important components of making a white dorm room feel like home.  A few students below volunteered to show off their interior design skills. Kelly READ MORE

Generic vs. Name Brand Make-up

By Victoria Alfieri
April 3, 2013 - 11:59pm

I am the type of person that could spend their entire paycheck in Sephora (it has happened before). I love make-up and am always looking for the next best thing.
Over the years, I have tried just about everything.
That being said, I have found through personal experience, cheap make-up that works just as well as the high-end, expensive, name brand make-up.
Out of every product I’ve tried here are my favorites (and what I use right now):
Foundation
I have acne, so I need a full coverage foundation to cover it up.
Two years ago I discovered this gem from Maybelline New York and I have been using it ever since. Try: Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse
$9.79 at Maybelline.com
A sponge comes with it so no need to buy a makeup...