Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Maryland Blog

Ace that Interview

By Alessia Grunberger
November 1, 2013 - 12:00pm

Securing a job interview is hard– but acing a job interview? Well, that’s a whole other story! Many people fall victim to the potential pitfalls that come with the job interview process, and they may find themselves struggling to find the secret to interview success. I regret to inform you, dear readers, that there is no secret. By following these five basic steps, you too can be a more successful job candidate. 1.     Research the company/organization READ MORE

The Naked Truth: Your Beau Loves Every Inch of You

By Alessia Grunberger
October 23, 2013 - 12:00pm

READ MORE

Love and Relationships Her Story: Dating in College

By Joelle Lang
October 22, 2013 - 12:00pm

On November 8th 2012, I had been in college for barely four months, when my current boyfriend asked me to be exclusively his.  And with the biggest smile on my face and butterflies in my stomach, I accepted the challenges of dating in college.  I am not going to lie to you- focusing on a relationship, a social life, schoolwork and extracurricular activities all at the same time is no walk in the park. In the beginning, I struggled with fitting the new edition in my life, my boyfriend, into my daily schedule.  Almost one year later, I think I have it down.  My secret? Combination.    READ MORE

A Senior's Perspective on Homecoming

By Deanna Martino
October 21, 2013 - 12:00pm

In high school, pretty much everyone spends the first three years looking forward to senior year. Not only are there (usually) privileges that come with being at the top of the school, like sitting outside during lunch or getting to leave school early because you aren’t taking as many classes, but you know it means you’re that much closer to the exciting and fantastical world that is college. READ MORE

Get involved with Merrill College of Journalism

By Jamie Weissman
October 10, 2013 - 5:22pm

Walking through the University of Maryland’s Philip Merrill College of Journalism, you’re just about guaranteed to see accomplished journalists roaming the halls. Between former Baltimore Sun editors and The Washington Post reporters, it’s hard not to imagine yourself in their shoes one day. However, any good journalist has to start somewhere. Stalk the Listserv READ MORE

10 Ways to Avoid the Freshman 15

By Caroline L. Smith
October 9, 2013 - 11:42am

Every collegiette seems to have one thing at the top of her worry list upon entering her freshman year of college: gaining the dreadful “freshman 15.” Our goal is to go home for Thanksgiving Break looking just as good, if not better, than we did when we left for school. We think that we will make it to the gym everyday and have time to bindge on Netflix. However, this unfortunately doesn’t always end this way. Here are some tips and tricks to actually follow through with your goal to avoid that dreaded Freshman 15 here at the University of Maryland: READ MORE

The Best 4 Ways to Keep Your School Year Resolutions!

By Shannon Wong
October 3, 2013 - 12:00pm

It’s a new school year, a new blank slate, a new chance to get all As in your classes, and a new chance to put yourself out there and have more fun than you did the year before. It seems so easy when it’s on paper, but a lot harder to actually keep. But there are many students around campus who are determined to keep this resolution. Myself included. There are a lot of different ways you can make sure those school year resolutions don’t slide underneath the rug.   1.     STOP PROCRASTINATING!! READ MORE

A Collegiette's Guide to the 2013-2014 NHL Season

By Lindsey Brown
October 2, 2013 - 5:15pm

Last Tuesday you might notice an increased amount of Capitals apparel on campus, something that can only mean one thing: the start of the NHL season.The 2013-2014 Hockey Season kicked off October 1st with three different games scheduled that day across the country. Here’s what you can expect from professional hockey this season: What Happened Last Season: READ MORE

Have Fun and Stay Young with Her Campus Back to School Survival Kit

By Jaclyn Turner
October 1, 2013 - 1:39pm

The staff of Her Campus Maryland would like to thank Nationals for sending us the fabulous Back to School Survival Kit to brighten our days in between the daily grind of going to classes and doing schoolwork! We can’t wait to treat our writers at our upcoming staff meetings to some fizzy Nuero, which works to increase alertness, sustain energy, and support mental performance. We got sent over 50 bottles of this drinkable goodness! READ MORE

A Collegiette’s Guide to Fall Television

By Phoebe Dinner
September 26, 2013 - 12:00pm

Fall has always been my favorite season, largely because of the following things; pumpkin spice lattes, red trees and the return of my favorite television shows. It has been a long summer away from television; I have been consumed with One Tree Hill reruns and other shows that weren’t good enough to make it onto prime time. But alas, here we are again, so close to the return of our favorite shows. Listed below are some of the new shows I plan to be watching this fall, and some that if you haven’t been watching, you really should be.   If you like New Girl then you’ll like… The Mindy Project READ MORE