Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Maryland Blog

The Top 20 TV Characters We Miss

By Kathlyn Carney
November 6, 2013 - 12:00pm

Twenty college girls were asked about the characters on TV that they miss the most,  and the polls are in! It’s time to take a walk down memory lane and remember your favorite TV moments with our top 20 characters. From your favorite Disney Channel starlets to MTV reality figures, we have your top 20 most missed! It doesn’t matter how long ago these stars went off the air, they still bring back memories of talking to your best friends in English class about what your favorite characters did on the latest episode. 20. Sabrina Spellman: Sabrina the Teenage Witch READ MORE

15 Quick and Easy Recipes to Fit a Healthy Lifestyle

By Meghan Moriarty
November 4, 2013 - 5:00pm

Eating healthy in college is nearly impossible. With dining halls, countless fast food options right around the corner, not to mention the millions of pizza places that line the streets of Route 1, eating healthy can be difficult.  After a long day of classes and club meetings, heating something up in the microwave and crawling into bed sounds like a dream, but they don’t call it the “Freshman 15” for nothing, so get rid of that fantasy, go buy some cooking supplies and eat better! READ MORE

Ace that Interview

By Alessia Grunberger
November 1, 2013 - 12:00pm

Securing a job interview is hard– but acing a job interview? Well, that’s a whole other story! Many people fall victim to the potential pitfalls that come with the job interview process, and they may find themselves struggling to find the secret to interview success. I regret to inform you, dear readers, that there is no secret. By following these five basic steps, you too can be a more successful job candidate. 1.     Research the company/organization READ MORE

The Naked Truth: Your Beau Loves Every Inch of You

By Alessia Grunberger
October 23, 2013 - 12:00pm

READ MORE

Love and Relationships Her Story: Dating in College

By Joelle Lang
October 22, 2013 - 12:00pm

On November 8th 2012, I had been in college for barely four months, when my current boyfriend asked me to be exclusively his.  And with the biggest smile on my face and butterflies in my stomach, I accepted the challenges of dating in college.  I am not going to lie to you- focusing on a relationship, a social life, schoolwork and extracurricular activities all at the same time is no walk in the park. In the beginning, I struggled with fitting the new edition in my life, my boyfriend, into my daily schedule.  Almost one year later, I think I have it down.  My secret? Combination.    READ MORE

A Senior's Perspective on Homecoming

By Deanna Martino
October 21, 2013 - 12:00pm

In high school, pretty much everyone spends the first three years looking forward to senior year. Not only are there (usually) privileges that come with being at the top of the school, like sitting outside during lunch or getting to leave school early because you aren’t taking as many classes, but you know it means you’re that much closer to the exciting and fantastical world that is college. READ MORE

Get involved with Merrill College of Journalism

By Jamie Weissman
October 10, 2013 - 5:22pm

Walking through the University of Maryland’s Philip Merrill College of Journalism, you’re just about guaranteed to see accomplished journalists roaming the halls. Between former Baltimore Sun editors and The Washington Post reporters, it’s hard not to imagine yourself in their shoes one day. However, any good journalist has to start somewhere. Stalk the Listserv READ MORE

10 Ways to Avoid the Freshman 15

By Caroline L. Smith
October 9, 2013 - 11:42am

Every collegiette seems to have one thing at the top of her worry list upon entering her freshman year of college: gaining the dreadful “freshman 15.” Our goal is to go home for Thanksgiving Break looking just as good, if not better, than we did when we left for school. We think that we will make it to the gym everyday and have time to bindge on Netflix. However, this unfortunately doesn’t always end this way. Here are some tips and tricks to actually follow through with your goal to avoid that dreaded Freshman 15 here at the University of Maryland: READ MORE

The Best 4 Ways to Keep Your School Year Resolutions!

By Shannon Wong
October 3, 2013 - 12:00pm

It’s a new school year, a new blank slate, a new chance to get all As in your classes, and a new chance to put yourself out there and have more fun than you did the year before. It seems so easy when it’s on paper, but a lot harder to actually keep. But there are many students around campus who are determined to keep this resolution. Myself included. There are a lot of different ways you can make sure those school year resolutions don’t slide underneath the rug.   1.     STOP PROCRASTINATING!! READ MORE

A Collegiette's Guide to the 2013-2014 NHL Season

By Lindsey Brown
October 2, 2013 - 5:15pm

Last Tuesday you might notice an increased amount of Capitals apparel on campus, something that can only mean one thing: the start of the NHL season.The 2013-2014 Hockey Season kicked off October 1st with three different games scheduled that day across the country. Here’s what you can expect from professional hockey this season: What Happened Last Season: READ MORE