Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Maryland Blog

15 Things Frat Boys Do

By Meghan Moriarty
March 24, 2014 - 12:00pm

They always ask any girl they see “What sorority are you in?”
And if you aren’t in one… the next question usually goes something like: “Are you gonna rush?” or “Which ones do you like?....I can put in a good word for you.”  Their word really does not do much believe me You can find majority of them with a Zelko bottle in one hand and some-brand-you-have-never-heard-of soda in another. READ MORE

Five Shows to Binge Watch During Spring Break

By Alexandra Turcios-Cruz
March 14, 2014 - 2:00pm

Not all of us will get the amazing opportunity to travel to some tropical oasis during spring break. Some of us will be stuck at home doing absolutely nothing. Instead of wasting your week away by watching old reruns, turn your attention to something a little more mentally stimulating. These shows are killer and absolutely binge-worthy.  Bottom line: Time to find your next favorite obsession.  1. Breaking Bad READ MORE

What To Do Instead of Going to the Beach This Break

By Shannon Wong
March 13, 2014 - 12:00pm

Spring break is almost upon us and many students are still unsure how to spend the week off of school. For those who still have no idea what to do here is a tip for you. Skip the beach. Skip the Caribbean. The whole college campus will be there soaking up the sun and the fun. But here is why you should skip the beach this year. 1. The beach will be packed Going to the beach is so popular during Spring Break. So naturally it’s going to be super crowded. Why spend a week some place that is so crowded that you cannot even walk around without possibly tripping over someone? READ MORE

Doing Good and Feeling Good About It

By Nakiso Mgodi-Kaiyo
March 11, 2014 - 3:01pm

For the past three years The University of Maryland’s School of Public Policy hosted the “Do Good Challenge” through its Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership. This year the Robert H. Smith School of Business’ Center for Social Value Creation partnered with the Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership to create two tracks that teams can enter. READ MORE

10 Things You Need to Know to Manage Curly Hair

By Julie Gallagher
March 11, 2014 - 12:00pm

Naturally curly hair – it’s a blessing and a curse. If you have it, you know exactly what I’m talking about. You love and pride yourself on your ringlets, but there are definitely days when the frizz and uncontrollable twists leave you wishing you could shave it all off. But don’t worry! There are ways to make sure your curly hair is at its best and those bad hair days are kept to a minimum. 1.     Get the right cut. READ MORE

Tips for Dorm Room Spring Cleaning

By Joelle Lang
March 10, 2014 - 12:00pm

The annual transition from winter spring is hard.  It is hard for our bodies to adjust to the drastic change in weather, hard to swap our warm sweaters and scarves for a pair of shorts and aviators and hard to keep from fidgeting in class when it’s just so nice outside. After we get over the initial shell shock and adjust the air conditioner, we meet yet another challenge: switching our rooms over from winter to spring. READ MORE

I'm a Feminist, but I DO NOT Support Extreme Feminism

By Rachel Dooley
March 6, 2014 - 1:28pm

In today’s society, feminism has become an unstoppable movement of women who hope to make complete equality a reality of the near future.  However, this idea of extreme feminism is sweeping the nation and is hurting a woman’s chance for equality more than she might think. Extreme feminism is a self-coined term that describes women who are so avid about the feminist cause that they take it too far.  It means that women are shoving feminism down other people’s throats without any regard and ultimately becoming a misandrist (hater of men). READ MORE

5 Things to Do Off-Campus

By Alexandra Turcios-Cruz
February 26, 2014 - 12:00pm

After a while CP can get a little bit boring. Maybe you’re not feeling the frat parties or the bars anymore. Here are 5 super fun ideas that will get you out of CP without having to go too far. The Fillmore Silver Spring Image via fillmoresilverspring.com READ MORE

Small Changes to Your Life to get a Flatter Stomach

By Meghan Moriarty
February 24, 2014 - 10:47am

Working out and eating healthy in order to obtain a healthy lifestyle and fit body is something every girl struggles with, especially college students. With late night Ratsies runs, drunk eating Slices (or the whole pie), Stamp being loaded with all your favorite fast foods (Hello Chick-fil-a), and of course stuffing your face with buffet style dining hall food at 251, it’s as if you will never get the ideal body you want. Plus who wants to walk all the way to the gym? READ MORE

The Need to Knows of Online Shopping

By Phoebe Dinner
February 19, 2014 - 12:02pm

It’s Wednesday and you have to get a great outfit by Friday and have zero time to go to the mall because you’re  buried in papers. And sorry, ladies, PG Plaza isn’t gonna cut it, either.  So, what do you do? All signs point to online shopping. Living in a house with over 30 girls’ means that packages come everyday, returns to these places are made almost everyday and satisfied online customers are not hard to come by. So let’s go back to our scenario where time is running out on finding a killer outfit in just a couple of days. Where do you go on the web? Well I asked some girls who are frequent flyers in the online shopping department about various online shopping websites and tried out some of these stores online for myself....