Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Maryland Blog

Gifts For Mom

By Tessa Trach
May 5, 2014 - 2:30pm

That special day of the year is coming up this Sunday, May 11 and one question is on everyone’s mind. You’re probably wondering what should I get my mom for Mother’s Day? It has to be just right: something to show her you’re thinking of her, but something that won’t break the bank either. At the very least, send her a card, but here are a few suggestions on what to buy or what to make to show the woman who cared for you, and always will, that you love her. 1.     Meaningful Mug If your mom is an avid coffee drinker like mine, a meaningful mug would be a great gift! Try to find a mug with a cute quote or a special saying, something that will make her think of you every time she’s sipping from it. READ MORE

Scandal vs. House of Cards

By Brandi Samuel
April 29, 2014 - 9:37pm

Are you a T.V. junkie? Do you tune in at the same time each week to make sure you don’t miss a minute of your favorite series? Or do you watch a series all at once and hope that you can find the next season leaked online because you just can’t get enough of it? Well if any of these descriptions fit you then you just might be addicted to one of the newest political series, Scandal or House of Cards. READ MORE

Your Go-to Guide for the Perfect Away Weekend Cooler

By Kathlyn Carney
April 25, 2014 - 7:37pm

After you get over the excitement of being asked to your favorite frat’s away weekend, the daunting reality sets in…  you now have to think of creative ideas to paint on your cooler, buy a cooler you can actually paint on, and fill your cooler. Then, pray that your date actually likes it. Here are some tips to help you make the perfect cooler. Step one: Finding the perfect cooler Yes ladies, size matters… READ MORE

Why Olivia Pope Should Be Every Female's Idol

By Alexandra Turcios-Cruz
April 24, 2014 - 2:18pm

ABC’s Scandal is Shonda Rhime's crown jewel, and it’s jam packed with outstanding characters but none comes close to that of Olivia Pope. Liv is the epitome of what every woman ought to be: strong, determined, hard-working, resilient and outstandingly well-dressed. READ MORE

What is Men's Activism?

By Naomi Harris
April 23, 2014 - 12:00pm

“What is men’s activism?” That is a question we should be asking ourselves, and if you are like me (completely unaware that some men are fighting for their…rights) then I’ll help break this down for you. Men’s Rights Movement (MRM) is a social movement created because men in the early 1970s felt the issue of male disadvantage, discrimination and oppression was increasing due to movements like feminism. READ MORE

How to get to New York City on a Budget

By Maria Kim
April 21, 2014 - 8:46pm

As a busy college student with a thin wallet, traveling to different cities can seem like a burden rather than a treat, especially when it comes to New York City, but who says you have to break the bank? Roaming the city can get a little pricey, but there are ways to enjoy one day in the urban life without spending hundreds of dollars. READ MORE

A Timeline of Formal

By Deanna Martino
April 18, 2014 - 2:03pm

1.  Obsess over who you’re going to ask and make it a much bigger deal than it is because he will most likely say yes 2.  Complain you have nothing to wear for days before and then frantically text your friends/sisters on the day of because you really don’t have anything to wear. READ MORE

What Does 4/20 Mean to You?

By Brandi Samuel
April 17, 2014 - 10:50pm

22 million. That’s roughly the amount of pounds of marijuana grown in the United States each year. One of the largest current debates discussed in the U.S. is whether or not to legalize marijuana across the country; well I’m here to tell you that’s not what this article is about. But what this article will do is talk about one of the most official unofficial days of the year known as 4/20. So with that said, some might ask what exactly is 4/20? READ MORE

7 Things Your Parents Wouldn't Want To See On Your Instagram

By Kathlyn Carney
April 16, 2014 - 12:27pm

Everyone has different kinds of parents, and as these parents delve into the world of social media, specifically Instagram, they might treat your photos differently. And let's face it, if your parents do download an Instagram, they WILL follow you. It's inevitable.  There are the parents who don’t care about what you post on social media and post pictures of you taking shots with them on their personal Facebook pages. READ MORE

How to Find and Ask a Guy to Your Date Party

By Michelle Ruth
April 11, 2014 - 3:51pm

Date functions are a huge part of being in a sorority and what at first seems like such an exciting opportunity,  can quickly become a stressful situation. This is because there’s one question you might have to ask a boy that is more nerve-wracking and more terrifying than any other question: “Want to come to my date party?” On any given date party night, a swarm of girls and guys flock to the D.C. area to have what was promised to be a great night filled with music, a cool venue and hopefully, a special someone. READ MORE