Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Maryland Blog

How To Mentally Prepare Yourself For Finals

By Brandi Samuel
May 12, 2014 - 12:00pm

Do you typically spend a few days studying for finals, and then when it’s finally time to take the exam psych yourself out? Do you have so much on your plate that all you can think about is how much you haven’t worked or how much you haven’t gotten done yet? If any of these descriptions fit you then it is a very good possibility that you are stressed out. It turns out 1 in 10 college students are stressed often, and 1 in 4 students experience daily stress. So what can you do to get yourself to relax before finals? Keep reading to find out! READ MORE

Could It Be A Summer of Love?

By Abby Burton
May 9, 2014 - 12:01pm

If you’re like so many people in college, you’ve probably met some great people at school who you just don’t want to say goodbye come summer. But now, it’s that time of year as many of us are headed home for the summer. You may live far away, or you may live close by, but chances are you’re going to have to part ways with somebody come the end of finals. It’s easy to keep in touch with friends, and even visit them over the summer but in these last couple weeks you might be asking yourself what’s going to happen to your relationship with your significant other in the coming months. READ MORE

10 perfect gifts for your mom this Mother's Day

By Nakiso Mgodi-Kaiyo
May 7, 2014 - 12:00pm

So it’s that time of year again when you start thinking about what to get mom for Mother’s day. We’re all asking ourselves “What gift is not repetitive from the past years?” Thank goodness you are not alone! Here are some fun and even affordable ideas: 1.     Monogram Necklace    Monogram necklaces are the perfect accessory to any outfit. This gift shows mom you thought about her by displaying those three special initials. Try Etsy, Bauble Bar and Monogram Online for cute pieces! READ MORE

Four Tips for Staying Sane During Finals

By Abby Burton
May 6, 2014 - 12:00pm

READ MORE

Gifts For Mom

By Tessa Trach
May 5, 2014 - 2:30pm

That special day of the year is coming up this Sunday, May 11 and one question is on everyone’s mind. You’re probably wondering what should I get my mom for Mother’s Day? It has to be just right: something to show her you’re thinking of her, but something that won’t break the bank either. At the very least, send her a card, but here are a few suggestions on what to buy or what to make to show the woman who cared for you, and always will, that you love her. 1.     Meaningful Mug If your mom is an avid coffee drinker like mine, a meaningful mug would be a great gift! Try to find a mug with a cute quote or a special saying, something that will make her think of you every time she’s sipping from it. READ MORE

Scandal vs. House of Cards

By Brandi Samuel
April 29, 2014 - 9:37pm

Are you a T.V. junkie? Do you tune in at the same time each week to make sure you don’t miss a minute of your favorite series? Or do you watch a series all at once and hope that you can find the next season leaked online because you just can’t get enough of it? Well if any of these descriptions fit you then you just might be addicted to one of the newest political series, Scandal or House of Cards. READ MORE

Your Go-to Guide for the Perfect Away Weekend Cooler

By Kathlyn Carney
April 25, 2014 - 7:37pm

After you get over the excitement of being asked to your favorite frat’s away weekend, the daunting reality sets in…  you now have to think of creative ideas to paint on your cooler, buy a cooler you can actually paint on, and fill your cooler. Then, pray that your date actually likes it. Here are some tips to help you make the perfect cooler. Step one: Finding the perfect cooler Yes ladies, size matters… READ MORE

Why Olivia Pope Should Be Every Female's Idol

By Alexandra Turcios-Cruz
April 24, 2014 - 2:18pm

ABC’s Scandal is Shonda Rhime's crown jewel, and it’s jam packed with outstanding characters but none comes close to that of Olivia Pope. Liv is the epitome of what every woman ought to be: strong, determined, hard-working, resilient and outstandingly well-dressed. READ MORE

What is Men's Activism?

By Naomi Harris
April 23, 2014 - 12:00pm

“What is men’s activism?” That is a question we should be asking ourselves, and if you are like me (completely unaware that some men are fighting for their…rights) then I’ll help break this down for you. Men’s Rights Movement (MRM) is a social movement created because men in the early 1970s felt the issue of male disadvantage, discrimination and oppression was increasing due to movements like feminism. READ MORE

How to get to New York City on a Budget

By Maria Kim
April 21, 2014 - 8:46pm

As a busy college student with a thin wallet, traveling to different cities can seem like a burden rather than a treat, especially when it comes to New York City, but who says you have to break the bank? Roaming the city can get a little pricey, but there are ways to enjoy one day in the urban life without spending hundreds of dollars. READ MORE