Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Maryland Blog

Post New York Fashion Week

By Amanda Eisenberg
September 23, 2014 - 5:56pm

Now that New York Fashion Week has ended, my wish list of runway-inspired clothes has grown. But between takeout and textbooks, my dwindling savings has taken a hit. It’s safe to say I will not be purchasing those Proenza Schouler boots any time soon. Despite my budget, some of the trends shown on the runway are actually imitable. Here are some ways to take the trends straight from the catwalk and get it in your closet – all without breaking the bank. DRESSES READ MORE

5 Girls You Will Encounter on a Night Out

By Gaby Galvin
September 18, 2014 - 12:00pm

1. The girl you only see out Maybe you two used to be super closer, maybe she was in a class with you once, or maybe you dated a pair of best friends three years ago. Either way, this is the girl you get so excited to see whenever you’re out, and spend a decent amount of time trying (you probably can’t hear much of what she’s saying because of the music and/or the crowd) to catch up. You promise you’ll get lunch soon, but you don’t even end up talking again…until the next time you see each other… out. READ MORE

The 7 Stages of Anxiety While Getting Ready for a Night Out

By Lexi Fried
September 16, 2014 - 12:00pm

It’s 9 p.m. on a Tuesday, you just got back from the gym, you’re sweaty and tired, and you have homework due at midnight. Is it a loose Tuesday or a Netflix and wine kind of night? All these different kinds of anxiety levels are rising up as you try to make your plan for the evening. Stage One – Check the groupme, what are your close friends/sorority sisters/long time acquaintances up to? Stage Two – Outfit options. Do you go for the crop top and high waisted bottoms or crop top and high waisted bottoms? Because you can only wear the trendiest pieces. READ MORE

6 Things You Need to Know as a Freshman Terp

By Alexandra Turcios-Cruz
September 2, 2014 - 12:57pm

College is an exciting time; it’s where you will make lifelong friendships and begin to discover who truly are. You’ll meet amazing people, learn some fascinating things and create memories that will last a lifetime, but as exciting as the prospect might be, it can still be an extremely nerve-wracking time. As a freshman there’s no way you’re going to know the ins and outs of every aspect here at Maryland, but this is a list of the 7 things you NEED to know as freshman here at UMD. 1. Figure out the bus system ASAP READ MORE

Expectations vs. Realities of a New Semester

By Julie Gallagher
August 29, 2014 - 2:04pm

Expectation:  This is it! This is going to be MY semester! Reality: Is it too late to get a college refund? Expectation: I’m totally going to hit the ERC every day, and even go to some Body Pump classes! Reality: Where is the Dairy relocated again? (Stamp Student Union, btw!) READ MORE

The 9 Best Things About the Boohoo STYLE SQUAD Coming to UMD!

By Sophie Dodd
August 26, 2014 - 6:49pm

Love fashion? Love being ahead of the curve (and the trendsetter of your group) when it comes to the latest cutting-edge brands and clothing stores? If so, then you’re in luck, because Her Campus is bringing you one of the best-kept secrets from across the pond: Collegiettes, say hello to boohoo, the crazy-popular, British online clothing retailer and global fashion leader of its generation! READ MORE

Girl Power In The World of Sports

By Iman Smith
May 21, 2014 - 4:05pm

Ladies, I’m sure a number of you can attest to what I’m about to describe. Scenario #1 You’re out with the guys, watching a thrilling game of football. Aaron Rodgers is having the game of his life. Packers are up by 20 over the Ravens and it’s only the beginning of the third quarter. Rodgers steps out of the pocket, tosses a beautiful Hail Mary, and it’s intercepted by Jacoby Jones. You’re pissed, permeating with anger. “Terrible accuracy!” you exclaim. READ MORE

5 Fun Smoothie Combinations For Summer

By Abby Burton
May 20, 2014 - 8:00am

READ MORE

10 Things Frozen Taught Us About Life

By Julie Gallagher
May 19, 2014 - 8:00am

1.     The bond between siblings is unlike any other.   2.     It can take something very small to put someone over the edge.   3.     Ignorance, sometimes, is bliss. READ MORE

10 signs you're addicted to coffee

By Caroline Smith
May 16, 2014 - 11:23am

1.You have your order memorized   2. You overreact to places not having your favorite syrup at the drive through. I mean come on...what kind of place runs out of mocha syrup?!?!     3. Caffeine overdose has never even crossed your mind   4. Your friends say you're an addict READ MORE