Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Maryland Blog

6 Things You Need to Know as a Freshman Terp

By Alexandra Turcios-Cruz
September 2, 2014 - 12:57pm

College is an exciting time; it’s where you will make lifelong friendships and begin to discover who truly are. You’ll meet amazing people, learn some fascinating things and create memories that will last a lifetime, but as exciting as the prospect might be, it can still be an extremely nerve-wracking time. As a freshman there’s no way you’re going to know the ins and outs of every aspect here at Maryland, but this is a list of the 7 things you NEED to know as freshman here at UMD. 1. Figure out the bus system ASAP READ MORE

Expectations vs. Realities of a New Semester

By Julie Gallagher
August 29, 2014 - 2:04pm

Expectation:  This is it! This is going to be MY semester! Reality: Is it too late to get a college refund? Expectation: I’m totally going to hit the ERC every day, and even go to some Body Pump classes! Reality: Where is the Dairy relocated again? (Stamp Student Union, btw!) READ MORE

The 9 Best Things About the Boohoo STYLE SQUAD Coming to UMD!

By Sophie Dodd
August 26, 2014 - 6:49pm

Love fashion? Love being ahead of the curve (and the trendsetter of your group) when it comes to the latest cutting-edge brands and clothing stores? If so, then you’re in luck, because Her Campus is bringing you one of the best-kept secrets from across the pond: Collegiettes, say hello to boohoo, the crazy-popular, British online clothing retailer and global fashion leader of its generation! READ MORE

Girl Power In The World of Sports

By Iman Smith
May 21, 2014 - 4:05pm

Ladies, I’m sure a number of you can attest to what I’m about to describe. Scenario #1 You’re out with the guys, watching a thrilling game of football. Aaron Rodgers is having the game of his life. Packers are up by 20 over the Ravens and it’s only the beginning of the third quarter. Rodgers steps out of the pocket, tosses a beautiful Hail Mary, and it’s intercepted by Jacoby Jones. You’re pissed, permeating with anger. “Terrible accuracy!” you exclaim. READ MORE

5 Fun Smoothie Combinations For Summer

By Abby Burton
May 20, 2014 - 8:00am

READ MORE

10 Things Frozen Taught Us About Life

By Julie Gallagher
May 19, 2014 - 8:00am

1.     The bond between siblings is unlike any other.   2.     It can take something very small to put someone over the edge.   3.     Ignorance, sometimes, is bliss. READ MORE

10 signs you're addicted to coffee

By Caroline Smith
May 16, 2014 - 11:23am

1.You have your order memorized   2. You overreact to places not having your favorite syrup at the drive through. I mean come on...what kind of place runs out of mocha syrup?!?!     3. Caffeine overdose has never even crossed your mind   4. Your friends say you're an addict READ MORE

25 Things You Learn Your Freshman Year at UMD

By Julie Gallagher
May 13, 2014 - 10:25am

1. College is definitely better than high school.   2. All of the hobbies or interests you had that were “nerdy” in high school are suddenly really cool and there’s probably a large group of people who have the same interests as you.  3. How to go #2 quickly and quietly in your dorm bathroom stalls. 4. How to shave your legs in a 3x3 shower stall.  READ MORE

Study Break- Spring Finals Survival Kit

By Maryland Contributor
May 12, 2014 - 1:17pm

Her Campus Nationals love our Maryland team and wanted us to do AMAZING on our final exams, so they sent our team an awesome surprise- Spring Finals Survival Kit! Our yummy kits included: READ MORE

How To Mentally Prepare Yourself For Finals

By Brandi Samuel
May 12, 2014 - 12:00pm

Do you typically spend a few days studying for finals, and then when it’s finally time to take the exam psych yourself out? Do you have so much on your plate that all you can think about is how much you haven’t worked or how much you haven’t gotten done yet? If any of these descriptions fit you then it is a very good possibility that you are stressed out. It turns out 1 in 10 college students are stressed often, and 1 in 4 students experience daily stress. So what can you do to get yourself to relax before finals? Keep reading to find out! READ MORE