gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Find and Ask a Guy to Your Date Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Date functions are a huge part of being in a sorority and what at first seems like such an exciting opportunity,  can quickly become a stressful situation. This is because there’s one question you might have to ask a boy that is more nerve-wracking and more terrifying than any other question: “Want to come to my date party?”

On any given date party night, a swarm of girls and guys flock to the D.C. area to have what was promised to be a great night filled with music, a cool venue and hopefully, a special someone.

However, to get to this point, girls have to get past the ever-present fear of not only asking a guy to their date party, but also asking a guy they want to go with and who she thinks wants to go with her too.

Although this seems like a pretty straightforward and simple task that requires either sending a quick text or just asking the guy when you see him, this is truly one of the most stressful and overwhelming parts of any date party.

This problem can be easily fixed just by coming to terms with one simple notion: what do you have to lose?  What makes asking a guy to your grab a date, or dated or even formal scary is the idea that he might say no. If he does say no, who cares? It’s his loss and there are tons of other guys on campus to ask and who want to spend an awesome night with a cool girl.

You don’t have anything to lose from asking someone to your date function. The worst thing that’s going to happen is they say no and you move on to your next, probably also good option.

Girls always assume that if the guy they’ve just asked said no for whatever reason he said is keeping him from attending, that he’s actually lying and he just doesn’t want to come with you. Most of the time, this isn’t the case, he really just does have a test tomorrow or a friend visiting for the weekend.

You just need to get over the initial fear keeping you from asking and send him a very simple text saying when your date party is and if he’d like to go with you. It’s as easy as that and usually ends exactly how you want it to.

Another great option for a date for these functions, if you don’t have anyone you’re dying to ask or if you just can’t muster up the courage to ask someone yourself, is to get set up.

Your friends are a great, untapped source when it comes to finding a date. You might think you don’t know any boys to ask or have any friends you’d want to take, but each of your friends have a few guys they’d love to set you up with, giving you tons of options and cancelling out the step of you having to do the asking.