This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

That special day of the year is coming up this Sunday, May 11 and one question is on everyone’s mind. You’re probably wondering what should I get my mom for Mother’s Day? It has to be just right: something to show her you’re thinking of her, but something that won’t break the bank either. At the very least, send her a card, but here are a few suggestions on what to buy or what to make to show the woman who cared for you, and always will, that you love her.

1.     Meaningful Mug

If your mom is an avid coffee drinker like mine, a meaningful mug would be a great gift! Try to find a mug with a cute quote or a special saying, something that will make her think of you every time she’s sipping from it.

$12.00 at Nordstrom

2. Smartphone Wallet

Most moms understand technology now (or at least pretend to). So now, they need help carrying around their smartphones. My mom’s complaint is always that it’s too big to fit in her pocket, so why not purchase a cute wallet that fits her phone and other necessities too?! This way she can be technologically savvy and fashionable! 

$12.49 on Overstock.com

3. Photo Puzzle

This crafty idea is sure to put a smile on your mom’s face! Find a photo of you and your mom, grab some Mod Podge and Popsicle sticks and get to work! The DIY bag is optional, but it adds a nice finishing touch to your project.

Find the link with all of the steps here: http://allforthememories.com/blog/2014/1/20/diy-valentine-photo-puzzle

4.  Pandora Charm

Pandora bracelet charms are a simple gift that can mean a lot. There are a variety of charms to choose from, so pick one that suits your mom best. If she doesn’t already have a Pandora bracelet, they are easy to create and customize, enabling you to specialize the bracelet just for your mom. Otherwise, a nice piece of jewelry is a great gift too!

$40.00 on Pandora.net

5.     iPad Mini

If you’re feeling generous this Mother’s Day and your mom is a technology guru (or an aspiring one), this might be the gift for her. Since it’s on the more expensive side, consider splitting the cost with your siblings or your dad. This gift will get tons of use, and it might even benefit you, if you’re mom ever puts it down!

$299 at Overstock.com