Get the Look- J.Crew

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

We’ve all experienced the lookbook that is J.Crew’s Fall Catalog and quickly desiring everything we see- that is until seeing that price tag. $88 for a sweater? Yeah…no. But styling is everything! Nobody said you had to buy it in order to look like you did. You can easily re-create J.Crew’s look book with retail-miracles like Forever 21 and H&M.  Consider me your personal “fashion fairy”, as I show you how to get the J.Crew look, all on a collegiette’s budget!

Tops:

Chambray shirt: Chambray shirts are one of the most versatile pieces you can buy, as you can dress it up or down. They’re usually a tad more expensive no matter where you go. This H&M Shirt  is $29.95, but has the elbow padding that is very J.Crew. J.Crew price: $68

Raglan shirt: Perfect for layering over chambray shirts and for any business casual event you may have! This Forever 21 metallic-paneled sweatshirt is only $17.80! J.Crew Price: $68

Fair isle sweater: A J.Crew holiday staple that you can totally mimic with Forever 21’s fair isle sweater for $22.80, J.Crew price: $88

Bottoms:

Leather pants: Forever 21 $24.80 faux leather pants that will actually keep you warm during the Fall. J.Crew price: $98

Distressed jeans: You can either DIY them yourself with an old pair or snag this pair from Forever 21 for $24.80. J.Crew price: $88

Neon scuba skirt: A key factor in J.Crew’s looks are neon color blocking. Brighten up your wardrobe with this coral scuba skirt from Forever 21 for $19.80. J.Crew price: $78

Outerwear:

Toggle Coat: This Forever 21 toggle coat is only $29.80…FOR OUTERWEAR LADIES. J.Crew price: $258.

Bomber jacket: For only $19.80, this Forever 21 bomber jacket is perfect for layering over collared shirts for a classic Americana look. J.Crew price: $17

Accessories:

Statement necklace: J.Crew is known for their epic statement jewelry, which usually costs at least $50. Top this over your raglan sweatshirt and chambray shirt! This statement necklace is only $11.90. J.Crew price: $54.50

Statement earrings: Wear only a necklace or a pair of earrings for the minimalist J.Crew vibe. Whichever you choose for your ensemble, either way you can’t deny this Forever 21 pair  for $4.90! J.Crew price: $36.50.

Shoes:

Slip-on sneakers: J.Crew’s leopard slip-ons have a half-priced replica at H&M for $39.95. J.Crew price: $88

Remember, you don’t have to buy all these together, you can always mix and match the pieces. Even though this is about getting J.Crew’s look, the most important thing is that you still make it your own. I hoped you liked these affordable options and good luck my collegiettes!

All photos taken from j.crew.com, forever21.com, and hm.com

Jaclyn is so excited to be a campus correspondent with Her Campus! She is a sophomore at the University of Maryland, double majoring in Journalism and American Studies. Jaclyn hopes to work as an editor at a magazine in the future. She loves following fashion, attending concerts, traveling, and photographing the world around her.