Style > Beauty

Five Easy Natural Face Masks You Can Make in A Dorm Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Regardless of what year of college you’re in, the day-to-day itinerary can be quite stressful! With the addition of clubs, sports and other extracurricular activities, it often seems like there is no time for self-care and treating yourself.

However, natural face masks are an incredibly easy way to take a break from your busy schedule and wind down on a chill Friday night. Here are five incredibly easy face masks that any college student can afford.

1. Farah Dhukai’s Honey Mask

Ingredients:

• Raw Honey or Manuka Honey

That’s it! Apply it straight to a bare face and leave on for 5-10 minutes before rinsing off! This is a perfect natural cleanser for all types of skin.

2. Farah Dhukai’s Turmeric Mask

Ingredients:

• Buttermilk
  • Turmeric

Mix the turmeric and buttermilk together and apply under the eyes. Leave on for about 20 minutes before gently rinsing off. This one is great for getting rid of dark circles, which all college students know the struggle of having.

3. Michelle Phan’s Honey-Cinnamon Mask

Ingredients:

• Honey
  • Cinnamon

Mix the honey and cinnamon together and microwave before applying onto the oiler sections of your face. This is a great natural anti-acne mask, so it’s perfect for exam season!

4. Michelle Phan’s Egg Mask

Ingredients:

• One egg (preferably organic)

In this case, the egg whites act as a cleanser while the egg yolk acts as a moisturizer, so it’s a two-step mask! For each step, wait for the mask to dry before rinsing off. This one is great for brightening and tightening the skin.

5. Huda Beauty’s Acne-Fighting Spot Mask

Ingredients:

• One Aspirin Tablet
  • Water
  • A Squeeze of Lemon Juice (optional – for a boost of Vitamin C)

Aspirin? Yes! Our go-to makeup gal tells us that this is one of the greatest ways to fight a random blemish that pops up. Simply crush the aspirin tablet, mix with water and apply on the blemishes. Leave overnight, wash off and voila!