Easy Halloween Costume Ideas With the CROP TOP You Already Own

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Week 1 – The​ Black Crop-Top

Only a week in and October is already feeling spooky. The temperature has dropped 15 degrees overnight and Halloween parties are in the works. There’s no need to freak out about costumes however, whether you start now or put it off until the last minute. Here are great guises you can create with staple pieces you already have in your closet.

Black Cat

This get-up has become a Halloween classic. With a little bit of black eyeliner and a headband equipped with pointy black ears, this feline fashion is easy to pull off.

Hester Prynne

Admittedly the “Easy A” Emma Stone version of Hester Prynne, this modern take on The Scarlet Letter is both sexy and confident. The black crop-top is ideal for the Emma Stone look, but realistically a cutout red “A” can be pinned to any outfit.

Black Widow

Flaming red hair is not a requirement for this kick-[butt] super suit. Use this costume as an excuse to wear your favorite black leggings to a party. Bonus points if you have a leather jacket—for style and warmth.

Check back next week for tips on how to turn another staple piece into a Halloween costume.

Rebecca is a sophomore journalism student at the University of Maryland.She is a staff writer for Her Campus and Unwind magazine, a UMD publication. Originally from Pittsburgh, she is a fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey team.  She hopes to go into feature writing after graduation.