ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Things Terps Want For Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Tis’ the season for giving and receiving! Here are some of the items at the top of every Terp’s wish list this year.

1. A’s on their finals

After all the studying we do, it’s the least we deserve. And, if that doesn’t work out, a curve would be nice.

2. Free Textbooks

Remember in high school when you didn’t have to empty your bank account on books, and the school provided them? Those were the days…

3. Consistent Weather 

With Maryland’s crazy weather, it could be a white Christmas or sunny and 75. No matter what the forecast says, we won’t know for sure until we wake up Christmas morning.

4. Home-cooked meals

A Terp can only survive so long on buffalo chicken wraps, ramen, and Easy Mac. It’s time to raid the refrigerator, and enjoy some good home cooking.

5. A short line at Chipotle

It seems that every time a Terp goes to Chipotle on Route 1, the line is out the door. Waiting 20 minutes in line for a burrito can be unbearable (but always worth it in the end!). 

6. Terp Gear

The more the better! If it has the Maryland flag pattern on it, we most likely want it.

7. A lifetime supply of Starbucks coffee

Caffeine is vital to a Terp’s survival, and with Starbucks served all over campus; we spend more than we should when we need to stay awake. 

8. Money

If the gifts listed above don’t work out, we’ll happily accept some cash, as you often hear us referring to ourselves as “poor college students.”

Terp, sophomore journalism major, runner and lover of all things edible!