5 Reasons Why We’re Thankful for Our Moms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

No words can describe the hard work and countless hours our moms dedicate to us every single day. They put themselves last no matter the situation always ensuring that everything will be near perfect for us. There is no one that can even come close to comparing to the amazing person they are. There are 365 days out of the year and we only have one day that we dedicate to our mothers thanking them for everything they do.

These are just a few reasons on the lengthy list of why we are so thankful for these women in our lives.

1) They pick up the phone at any time during the day. They listen to us cry about school, work, boys or all of the above for hours. They’re the ultimate BFF.

It doesn’t matter if its 9 A.M. or 3 A.M. mothers keep their phones attached to their hips incase we ever need them. They will stay on the phone with for hours listening to us sob about a boy or rant about life. No one can compare to the listening abilities mothers have for their children. They’re the ultimate BFF, they will listen to us for hours to make us feel better if need be.

2) They know when something is wrong before anyone else does.

Our mothers have this amazing ability to see behind the mask we wear that fools everyone around us. No science will ever be able to give reasoning behind how this is possible, but the saying “A mother always knows,” could not be truer. You could be keeping something bottled up for weeks at a time and the moment your mother lays eyes on you, she knows. She knows instantly there is something wrong and you need to talk about it. There is no hiding it.

3) They send us care packages at college for almost every occasion.

It doesn’t matter if it’s final exam time or Valentines Day; our mothers send us care packages for almost every occasion. They take the time and effort to gather a bunch of our favorite things and send them to us when we need it the most. No one else can compare to the perfection that is their perfectly thought out care packages. They know exactly what we need and when we need it. They’re essentially the coolest for always doing this for us.

4) They’re the ultimate advice gurus. They’ve been there and done that.

You may tell your mother a thousand times “You don’t understand!” but trust me they understand more than you will ever know. These women have been there and done that. They have overcome more obstacles in their lifetime then you can even imagine. If anyone is going to understand anything you’re going through, it’s going to be your mother.

5) They love you more than anyone else in this world.

A mother’s love cannot be compared to anything else. I believe it is the strongest and purest form of love there is. No one will ever love you as unconditionally as your mother will no matter the circumstances. Their love is for life and it never fades or waivers. This is the most important reason why we are thankful to have these women in our lives.