5 Reasons Why Having a Long Distance Bestie is the Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Every collegiette has that one friend they can’t live without. It just so happens that sometimes, they may go to school in a different state. But there’s no need to fret becuase believe it or not, long distance friendships can be more exciting than you think.

Traveling to see your bestie is always fun.

You get to go on fun road trips to visit your bestie and see what their college town is like! Putting the trip together between the two of you becomes a huge event with months of planning and counting down the days until it finally happens.

You get judgment-free advice 24/7.

Your long distance bestie doesn’t actually know any of your friends or the guys that you talk to. So, she has an outside view of everything going on in your life, which gives her the best perspective to offer you advice whenever you need it. And you always know that she’ll still be up at 3 a.m. on a Friday night when you need her advice right away!

You do out of the ordinary things together.

Since you don’t get to see each other often, when you finally get together, you do crazy fun stuff to make up for all the days you went without each other. Whether you hit a concert, the beach, or have an awesome weekend out with your long distance bestie, you value your time together more and make the best memories. And that moment when you finally see your bestie after not seeing her for months is the greatest feeling ever!

You know that you always have someone there for you.   

She might be miles away, but she knows you better than anyone and always knows the perfect thing to say to cheer you up. She’ll let you know what outfit looks best and you can send her a million texts at the end of your night to update her on everything that happened. You’ll always get silly snapchats and texts from her, because your long distance bestie ALWAYS has your back.

You learn a seriously important lesson in life: nothing can come between a strong friendship.

You’ll value these qualities of your long distance friendship for the rest of your life, and who knows, maybe after college you and your long distance bestie will wind up living in the same area again!