5 Great Last-Minute Gifts to Give Your Mom for Mother’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Mothers. We would literally be nothing without them. No matter how much we fight, and ignore their advice, we all know our mothers are very important people in our lives. This is their day and you should make it and the days to follow as memorable as possible. Show your mom how much she really means to you with these great Mother’s Day gift ideas!

1. Spa Gift Basket

Fill a nice basket with all your relaxing spa favorites! This includes a comfy robe and slippers, cute nail polish, facial cream, a gift card for a massage, and some chocolates. Not only is this gift calming and relaxing but it can also be something that you and your mom do together. Easily doable with a trip to Target and a scouring of Groupon

2. A Collage of Pictures of You and Your Mom

Take the time to find cute pictures of you and your mom from over the years. Make a collage and put them in a nice frame or add to the specialness of the gift and make your own frame or canvas! Your mom will love having a pretty new frame plus the pictures will remind you and your mom of all the fun times you’ve had over the years. Your mom will love having these pictures to look at while you’re away at school! Many drug-stores such as CVS or RiteAid offer 1-hour photo printing to help you get your

3. A Gift Card to Her Favorite Store

This is a simple and easy way to show you care. Your mom will definitely use the gift card and you can make it into a whole day event of shopping together. Add a pretty homemade card and your mom will be so happy! CVS and Target Express have a sold selection of gift cards she might like. 

4. A Cute Purse or Piece of Jewelry

Going shopping is always fun, but why not switch it up and shop for someone else? Your mom will love knowing that you took the time to pick out something just for her and you’ll both be so happy every time she wears that necklace or uses that purse. Plus you can always borrow it if you like it too!

5. A Coupon Book with Different Activities For You and Your Mom to Do Together

Create little slips of paper with different coupons and activities such as “One Free Mom and Daughter Lunch” or” Turn in for a Trip to the Mall.” Your mom will love that you put so much time into her gift and that she can hang out with you whenever she wants!

Hi I'm Mel, a senior studying communication with a focus in public relations and government & politics here at the University of Maryland. I hope you like what I have to say!