13 Must Have Songs for Your Ultimate Spring Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

The snow has finally melted and Maryland goers could not be more ecstatic to walk out in their flip flops and aviator shades. Though spring is finally here, the stress of school remains, leaving some to still suffer those harsh snow time blues.

So, here are 13 songs to thrust you out of that wintertime sadness for good and into that cozy hammock of sunshine forever!

1. Overload- Life of Dillon

The easiest and breeziest of melodies, this song promises tons of beachy daydreams, complete with short shorts, sunshine, and shirtless dudes.  

2. King Kunta- Kendrick Lamar Lamar stunned everyone when he dropped the awesomeness that is his new album “To Pimp a Butterfly.” And this song is no exception. Just make sure everything you love is covered in bubble wrap. That feeling you have is rage and you are going to want to break some things…

3. Budapest- George Ezra

Ezra is that shaggy guy standing in the corner who doesn’t even know how freaking cute he is to every girl in the room. In “Budapest,” he provides the perfect mix of modesty, sweetness, and swagger.  

4. In Love Again- Colbie Caillat

On a sunny spring morning, this is the perfect song to listen to you as you relive all your childhood fantasies about fairytales, kisses in the rain, breakfast in bed and how you THOUGHT love was going to be like.   

5. I Really Like You- Carly Rae Jepsen

It doesn’t matter if you are eight or 88, every girl needs a 30-minute solo dance party every once in a while. A complete rollercoaster of emotions, “I Really Like You” is the type of bubblegum pop song to make you want to cry and live and die all at the same time.  

6. Masterpiece (Mona Lisa)- Jazmine Sullivan

As the weather gets warmer, we’re all going to have to shed our bulky sweaters pretty soon and show some skin. But don’t worry. Sullivan’s “Masterpiece” is an epically powerful anthem of acceptance and self love. Perfect for when you start hyperventilating in the middle of Target at the thought of trying on swimsuits.

7. Sober- Childish Gambino

No one ever knows exactly what is going on in Donald Glover’s weird hipster mind, but he sure does make cool music. Warning: This music video is way too weird to handle and you are probably going to say “Wait, what is happening?” or “His face is so creepy” every 20 seconds.

8. Bright- Echosmith

Nighttime kickbacks would be nothing without this quaint little number. “Bright” is easily one of the most charming songs America has ever heard. Come on. The lead singer literally accuses her lover of sprinkling stardust on her pillowcase. That is disgustingly adorable.

9. Surrender- Cash Cash

Electronic. Dance. Music. Case closed.

10. Remember the Time- Michael Jackson

A playlist is absolutely nothing without at least one funky jam from the king of pop himself. Only Michael Jackson could get Magic Johnson, Eddie Murphy, and Iman all into one timeless music video.

11. Losing You- Solange

Yes, Solange Knowles can sing, too and she is completely amazing. The curly hair, the red lips, the mismatched outfits, the ethnic movement. You will not be able to control how completely fun and carefree you feel under the springtime clouds.  

12. Forever- Haim

Let’s just say you could probably add this to the most boring trip to the grocery store ever, and people would think the party of the century was happening in the produce aisle. That is how awesome this song is.   

13. Till The End- Logic

No matter what happens this season, “Till the End” will put you in that victorious state of mind. You came out of one of the most horrendous winters Maryland has had in awhile and now you are ready to own this whole “life” thing.