10 Things Every Woman Should Have in Her Going Out Purse

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

1. Portable Charger

This will be the smartest investment you can ever make. Nothing is worse than having your phone die when you need to take over the aux cord, use maps to walk home or text your friend because she wandered off AGAIN. 

2. $20 bucks

If you’re a girl you are probably used to not having to buy your own drinks. And more often than not we women know how to use our charm to get men to buy us pizza, or your greasy food of choice. Bringing money may be a hassle, and it would seem easier to bring your card. Well I’m telling you to be smart. A credit card is way too easy to leave someplace, and way to valuable to lose. So bring a $20 with you just in case. You’ll thank me when you have money for that unexpected Uber ride. 

3. Lipstick

Nothing brings random girls together more than reapplying makeup in a hot disgusting bathroom. So don’t be that girl that doesn’t pack her lipstick. Yes I know the package swore it would last you all night, but it never does. So pack it.

4. Gum

I feel like even if you don’t think your breath needs a minty pickup, its better to be safe than sorry. There are cute boys to be kissed, and at least one of your friends will end up asking for it anyways.

5. Underwear.

I always have people tell me this one is odd, but hear me out. Look even when you go out and you swear you don’t plan on crashing at your friend place, or go home with a guy; you really never know where the night will take you. Nothing is worse than waking up on someone’s couch or in the arms of last night’s guy, and having to dress your self in your going out clothes. Especially last night’s panties. You can always do the morning after trek commando, but it just makes the whole demeaning process worse than it already is. 

6. Hair ties/ Bobby pins

All of the work you put into straightening your hair into silken perfection is going to go down the drain after an hour of dancing. There’s a fine line between messy hair that looks sexy, and the matted knot that is your hair after going out.  Just put it up, and party on.

7. Summers Eve towlette

Okay… this doesn’t need explanation (or a visual). 

8. Condoms

Because safe sex. Smart women don’t rely on the man to be prepared. 

9. Advil

Your head will thank you in the morning.

10. Bottle opener/lighter

These are optional items; you can carry both, or just one. I always bring both of these items to parties. I don’t personally smoke, but having a lighter is my sneaky way of meeting new people. When someone asks for a light or needs help opening their beverage, you’re who they will think of. 

Famously known for her R.B.F, and ability to convince guys to buy her Pizza Kingdom. She is a Criminology/Criminal Justice major, in the Pre-Law program; because all of her parents/teachers/adult figures told her as a child that she should put her argueing skills to good use one day. 
My name is Meghan Moriarty. I am one of the editor-in-chief's of Her Campus Maryland.