emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 perfect gifts for your mom this Mother’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

So it’s that time of year again when you start thinking about what to get mom for Mother’s day. We’re all asking ourselves “What gift is not repetitive from the past years?” Thank goodness you are not alone! Here are some fun and even affordable ideas:

1.     Monogram Necklace 

Monogram necklaces are the perfect accessory to any outfit. This gift shows mom you thought about her by displaying those three special initials. Try Etsy, Bauble Bar and Monogram Online for cute pieces!

2. Spa Voucher 

What better way to thank your mom for all the hard work she does than sending her to a spa! Give your overworked mom a chance to take a break from her busy life by sending her to get a massage and mani/pedi. You can even join her for some mother-daughter bonding, which makes the best mother’s day gift.

3. Flowers

Flowers are timeless! Even if your dad picks up flowers for your mom, she can never have too many. Mom’s love flowers, plus you’ll have fun picking out the best color combinations.

4. Gift Card

No matter what people say, I think you can never go wrong with a gift card. If you are worried that a gift card lacks personalization, then put a little more thought into the gift card. Buy a gift card from mom’s favorite store! That way she can shop around at her favorite store and buy something she loves. 

5. Perfume

Perfume is an essential! You can never go wrong popping up with another bottle of your mom’s favorite scent. Also save her from that extra trip to the mall!

6. Sweet Treats

Sweet treats are always a good idea! Give mom a chance to enjoy a treat she would not enjoy otherwise.

7. Camelbak Water Bottle

Keep mom hydrated this summer with a water bottle. Camelback water bottles come in different designs and colors. You can even personalize it by getting her initials monogrammed on the bottle.  This is a gift that is both thoughtful and practical. 

8. Kindle

Give mom the gift of reading. Kindles are a great way to make sure mom has her favorite books within hands reach anywhere she goes. Plus they are light so she can just slip it in her bag on her way out! 

9. Stationary 

Help mom keep her desk stylish at work or at home by getting her cute stationery for her desk.  Mom’s are always in need of stationery and with many cute designs out there you can be certain to find a style that suits her!

10. Tote Bag

A tote bag is something every mom can enjoy. It can be used for work or the pool. Pool season is around the corner and you can be assured that mom will need a tote to carry all her belongings. A tote is roomy enough to bear the workload but also casual enough to handle the pool mode.