10 Little Black Dresses Under $50

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

The “little black dress” is a timeless piece of fashion and an essential in every girl’s closet. It’s classic and sophisticated, yet fun and flirty. It’s a little bit sexy and a little bit cute. It’s the perfect day-to-night look. Put simply, no one can go wrong with a LBD.  But make no mistake; these little black dresses can cause a little big hole in a college girl’s budget. So here are the best finds under $50: 

LBD 1: One-shouldered dresses are in! This LBD from LuLu’s is great for accessorizing. Pair it with a piece of statement jewelry and pumps and you are set.
Price: $38 

LBD 2: This loose, long –sleeved black dress from Urban Outfitters is simple but made trendy with a belt and daring with a cut-out back
Price: $39

LBD 3: Lace and an a-line from H&M. Wear it with your hair up and a pop of color for a sexy, flirty and fun look!
Price:  $24.95

LBD 4: This long-sleeve LBD from LuLu’s is simply and versatile; a seamless transition from work to happy hour
Price: $29

LBD 5: This two-tone LBD from ModCloth provides a unique and chic take on the popular wrap-around dress
Price: $35.99

LBD 6: The ponte-pocket dress is popular and this black one from the GAP provides a great wear-to-work look
Price: $46.99

LBD 7: Belts are an easy way to dress an LBD up and this comfy cotton dress from Express makes the perfect pairing, especially for a busy day
Price: $39.90

LBD 8: Over the past few years, lace has made a comeback. This all-over lace, back cut-out dress by BB Dakota at Nordstrom’s has a soft and classic look, and is a steal if you’re looking for a bargain
Price: $43.98 

LBD 9: A shift dress is one of the most versatile LBD’s. It is great for a sophisticated work outfit and sleek enough for a nice dinner date after
Price: $22.80   

LBD 10: This belted pleplum dress from Forever 21 is very popular right now and especially useful if you’re planning to eat a big meal
Price: $27.80