10 Of The Best Jim-On-Dwight Pranks From ‘The Office’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Of the many great pranks on The Office, there are some that are just so hilarious that you have to stop to pause the episode to laugh your butt off! Below is a list of the top 10 pranks Jim has pulled on Dwight.

1. Asian Jim

When Jim has a doctor’s appointment one morning, he and Pam take the opportunity to bring in their Asian-American actor friend, Steve, to pretend to be Jim. When Dwight asks who he is, Steve compliments Dwight for not seeing color. Pam and Steve even go so far as to edit the family portrait on Jim’s desk!

2. Morse Code

In order to fuel Dwight’s paranoia, Jim and Pam learn Morse code so that they can talk about Dwight in front of him. It’s hard to tell what’s funnier – the fact that he actually gets offended by this prank or the fact that Jim and Pam go out of their way to take lessons in Morse code.

3. The Murder

While on a trip to Tallahassee, Jim finds that he is on a two-kid sleep schedule and is wide-awake by four in the morning. With nothing to do, he makes his hotel room into an elaborate murder scene and writes on the wall, “IT WAS DWIGHT.” To finish up the prank, Jim falls out of the closet like a corpse when Dwight and Erin come into his room and scares the living hell out of them!

4. CIA Recruitment

Over the course of a few months, Pam sends Dwight secret messages from the CIA demanding his deepest secrets as they consider him for a top secret mission. At the end of this prank, Dwight goes up to the roof of Dunder Mifflin to wait for his helicopter and upon receiving a text from “the CIA” that says his identity has been compromised, destroys his phone.

5. Jim or Dwight?

Jim comes in one morning dressed almost exactly like Dwight after finding a pair of Dwight-esque glasses at a drugstore the previous week. In a matter of minutes, Dwight picks up on his act and exclaims, “Identity theft is not a joke, Jim!” The prank ends with both Jim and Dwight screaming, “Michael!” to file complaints.

6. Jello

This one is, of course, a classic. When we are first introduced to Jim and Dwight in this series, Dwight screams in frustration and pulls out a stapler encased in jello. As the first prank we see Jim pull on Dwight, this is easily one of Jim’s most creatively executed ideas.

7. Why Are You Hitting Yourself?

When Dwight goes on and on about proper fighting techniques, Jim chimes in by noting that Dwight’s most worthy opponent is himself. Jim then convinces Dwight to demonstrate to the office what a Dwight v. Dwight fight would look like, making Dwight look like a complete idiot in the process.

8. The Magic Beans

The office decides to have a garage sale in the warehouse, which Jim takes as an opportunity to convince Dwight that he possesses magic beans. Dwight laughs at Jim at first but begins to believe Jim’s prank over the course of the day. In the end, Dwight trades Jim for the magic beans, leaving Jim with a $150 telescope.

9. The Tear-Away Suit

This is surely one of the most elaborate pranks Jim pulls on Dwight throughout the series. After tracking down where Dwight gets his suit dry-cleaned, Jim replaces Dwight’s real suit with a tear-away Velcro version. The best part is when Jim tears it off in the Dunder Mifflin parking lot and leaves Dwight in his underwear.

10. The Leg Curl Competition

Jim somehow convinces Gabe and Dwight to compete against each other in a leg-curl competition. He places telephones in their hands and snaps a photo, only to edit it into a hilarious picture later.