This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marshall chapter.

When you think of spring, the norm may be to think of florals and pretty pastels.

However, spring 2015 has brought new trends to the counter, such as graphic eyeliner, rich plum lips, and more opaque pastels for this season. Sheer, fresh looking skin and messy braids are what this season is about. It’s time to pack up those scarves and boots ladies!

Plum lips are no longer just for fall and winter! The trend seen on runways this spring is popping up onto shelves. With brands coming out with new collections such as Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks, as well as Colourpop Cosmetic’s Lippysticks, plum lips are becoming more wearable. Opaque pastels are a new twist on the classic pastel trend.

Graphic liner can be a creative way to amp up any night out look, whether you want to add color liner in bold shades or leave it to the classic black. Benefit’s “They’re Real!” Push Up Liner combines the staying power and darkness of gel liner into the convenience of a standard liquid eyeliner tube. The nifty slanted tip is designed to push lashes out of the way to make the perfect wing!

Dewy, fresh skin is in season! (Though really when is it not?) Let your natural skin breathe with sheer, buildable foundations such as Mac’s Face and Body allowing your freckles to show while you can choose the coverage you desire without looking caked on. This foundation can also be mixed with other colors in the range to get your perfect shade!

Messy braids take out the hassle of redoing an entire braid if you leave out a single strand. Pull together a loose braid and spritz sea salt to perfect this bohemian chic look. 

Rachel is a biology major at Marshall University. She likes red lipstick and drinks a minimum of 3 cups of coffee a day.