Not Your Average Halloween Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marshall chapter.

Sure “Monster Mash” and “Time Warp” have soundtracked our Halloweens for years, but isn’t it time for a spooky playlist update? Every party needs its own soundtrack, so I’ve taken the classic Halloween mix — you know the one, with “Disturbia” and “I Put a Spell on You” that you’ve heard since those elementary school parties — and given it a 2014 update. 

Some of the 50 songs (and counting) are current chart-toppers to put you in the party mood. There are also a few party staples (Beyoncé, Gaga, Disclosure) and some classics that just could not be ignored (“Thriller,” “Werewolfs in London,” “Superstition”). But mostly it’s a playlist of vibes just creepy enough to give a Halloween feel yet not as redundant as you would expect an All Hallows Eve soundtrack to be. 

Codi Mohr

Marshall

Codi is a senior print journalism major whose one and only interest is pop culture. She is currently working as Executive Editor at Marshall University's student newspaper, The Parthenon. When she's not working with the paper, she can be found fangirling over her latest music/movie obsession, Pentatonix or Beyoncé.