The Weird Food Combos You Need to Try Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Between working at a summer camp, family traditions and countless other interactions, I have come across some oddly tasty food combinations no one would think to try. Some of these may sound gross, but to plenty of others they are a favorite treat.

1.Eggs with Ketchup

While this one may seem out there to a lot of people, you probably know someone who eats breakfast this way. The general consensus is to do this with scrambled eggs, but if you are feeling adventurous you can definitely spice things up a bit.

2.Chips on a Sandwich

This one I picked up at my summer job from some of my international friends. Maybe it’s because we ate way too many turkey sandwiches, or maybe it’s because chips really do belong in-between two pieces of bread, but this one is a personal favorite. The chips add a bit of an extra crunch. You can also try this with hamburgers and fries.

3.Rice Krispies Cereal and Yogurt

Another one from summer camp adventures. We ran out of milk. Yogurt (strawberry or vanilla) adds a creaminess and flavor to the cereal that milk cannot live up to.

4. Cereal and Orange Juice

Like the eggs and ketchup, you probably know someone who wakes up just for this crazy combo. Orange juice can supposedly act as a substitute for milk. How this turns out largely depends on what type of cereal you eat. Don’t knock it till you try it.

5. Pumpkin Pie and Gravy

This is a family tradition that most people in my family refuse to try, but was a special treat for my grandpa and me. It sounds gross, but if you think about the flavors together it makes a lot of sense.

6. Oreos dipped in Peanut Butter

If you have not tried this, you have not lived. If you do not understand this reference, you should really brush up on your Disney. Lindsay Lohan got this one right in The Parent Trap. Oreos and peanut butter are an amazing addition to any day.

While a lot of these seem off the wall, sometimes a little experiment can turn out to be your new favorite dish. 

Aly Prouty

Marquette

East coast girl trying to figure out why Midwesterners are so sweet. Dancing, photography, coffee, daydreaming and Kappa Delta. Currently studying abroad at National University of Ireland at Galway.
Aisling Hegarty

Marquette '18

Don't waste a minute not being happy