Weekend Warrior Recap: Justin Bieber

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

When people hear the name Justin Bieber, many different things come to mind – pop star, wannabe, the cutest boy in the whole world. One thing that’s obvious – the size of his fan base! My friend Katie and I quickly learned all about his fana when we had the chance to see him in concert at the Bradley Center on October 21st. Our friends might have thought we were a little crazy because we bought our tickets four months in advance. But if we’re being honest, Katie and I have always been Beliebers.

The day of the concert was full anxious  excitement. We left an hour and a half  early to catch the bus down Wisconsin  Avenue. When we got to 4th street, we  saw tons of people everywhere: all  walking in the same direction—to see  Justin Bieber. After excitedly waiting in  line, we finally got to our seats and we  couldn’t wait to see him. Before he came  on, we got to see his amazing opener,  Carly Rae Jepson. Everyone knows her  summer hit, “Call Me Maybe,” and it was  an awesome thing to hear everyone  singing along to one of the defining  songs of the summer. After her  performance, thousands of people in the  crowd, screamed when Bieber finally  came on stage.

There was Justin Bieber, attached to enormous wings and floating through the air. It was like a dream come true. Bieber was an amazing performer: He can dance, sing, and play various instruments. He had it all. “Justin’s dance moves were so impressive! They are definitely way better in person than they are on TV,” Katie Auer said.

He sang some of his old hits and some off of his latest album “Believe.” It’s safe to say that Katie and I not only lost our voices, but we also may have lost our hearing for the next 24 hours from all the screaming girls. But it was all well worth it. At the end of the concert, we were sad to see the Beibs go. Luckily, like every great performer, he gave an amazing encore. We were so awed at the performance that we had just seen and we were filled with joy as we walked back down 4th street among Beliebers of all kinds.  

Hannah McCarthy is a junior studying Broadcasting and Electronic Communication at Marquette University. She is currently the News Director at Marquette Radio. Hannah calls Cincinnati, OH home. In her free time, Hannah obsesses over Public Radio and hopes to be a news reporter after she graduates.