This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

I recently became an Independent Consultant for the world renowned skincare company Rodan + Fields. In less than two weeks, this company has dramatically transformed my life and my skin! Regardless of your age, education background and work experience, you could become one too. Here are a few reasons why I think you, as a college student, should consider the amazing perks associated with being an Independent Consultant for Rodan + Fields. 

1. Entrepreneurship 

Being an Independent Consultant for Rodan + Fields means that you get to be a business owner. From managing Preferred Customers to finding new customers through social media promotion and hosting events in the community, being a Consultant helps you develop personal and professional skills with customers. It teaches you how to close sales, how to communicate effectively with potential customers, and how to manage your time as an entrepreneur. Plus, all of the hard work of actually starting a business from scratch is done for you. Simply create an account, find a sponsor, purchase a business kit, and you are ready to go! 

2. Amazing Products 

Why become a consultant if you don’t believe in the products? If you haven’t tried any Rodan + Fields products already, I can almost guarantee you will love them. Not to mention they are cruelty free. Whether you are looking to enhance your eyelashes with the Lash Boost, clear your acne with the Unblemish Regimen, or remove any dark spots with Reverse products, this company offers incredible products. On their website you can find before and after pictures from almost any product, and you can use the Solution Tool to find what products work best with your skin type. 

3. Incredible Support System 

Almost immediately after I purchased my business starter kit and was paired with a sponsor, I was added to numerous Facebook pages. Although the notifications were a bit overwhelming at first, it was relieving to see how many other new Consultants there were, and how helpful our sponsors were. Everyone is encouraged to attend others events and collaborate to promote life changing products, as well as how individuals can be an Independent Consultant. Regardless of the word “Independent,” Rodan + Fields Consultants are so supportive of each other and eager to help out. 

4. Flexibility 

Most college students complain about not having enough time for a job during the school year. By most college students, I am also including myself. From classes, to meetings, to homework, to extracurriculars, college is overwhelming enough, and adding a job on top of that almost seems impossible. Being a Consultant for Rodan + Fields gives you the flexibility to run your business when you want, how you want, and where you want. Whether I’m at school or at home for break, my target market adjusts to my surroundings. I can chose to post on social media whenever I want, and plan to host events on days that work for me. If you’re looking for a full-time career or an income on the side, being a Consultant really depends on how you want to run your business. 

5. Money! 

Another extremely common thing that college students complain about is not having any money. Again, this also included myself before becoming a Consultant. There is no better way to make money than by selling products that you have personally observed results from. Also, did I mention the fact that you can literally make money from your dorm in your pajamas simply from promoting a seasonal product online? Before all of this money comes flowing in, along with all of the awesome incentives Rodan + Fields has to offer, you will need to gain Preferred Customers, and get others to sign up as Independent Consultants under you to grow your team. 

As confusing and overwhelming as this opportunity may seem, I have absolutely loved sharing these products with friends and family and hearing about their life changing results. These products go much further than skincare, they redefine skin and make women and men feel more confident in their own skin. There’s nothing better than empowering customers with products from a company that has redefined your skin and your life.

i write sometimes, check it out!
Aisling Hegarty

Marquette '18

Don't waste a minute not being happy