Profile: Matthew Serafin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

“Sarah, he is a great person to do, everyone knows him.” That’s the feedback I received when I told people who my next campus celeb was, Matthew Serafin. The funny thing is, I have never met him until I interviewed him. This man is involved with everything and it makes me exhausted to read what all this guy does. On top of that, he has a kind soul, he’s dedicated to his faith and he loves helping people around him. Want to know more about Mr. Serafin? Please read below:

Name: Matthew Serafin
Year: Junior
Majors: Corporate Communication and Spanish for the Business Profession
Minor: Business Administration
Hometown: La Grange Park, IL

HCMU: What are you involved in?
MS: I am the photo editor for the Marquette Wire and multimedia assistant for MUSG. I’m on the E-Board for the Empowerment Club, I’m in the honors program, and I sing in the gospel choir. Last year, I was also an RA in McCormick. I am also a member in both Alpha Sigma Nu and Kappa Sigma. Outside of Marquette, I am a freelance photographer and have photographed many clubs on campus!

HCMU: Why did you come to Marquette?
MS: Oddly enough, I did not think I wanted to come to Marquette. After having a Catholic education in high school, I thought I would want something different. When I first toured Marquette, I fell in love. I could totally see myself here. Marquette reminded me of my high school and I was totally fine with it.

HCMU: What’s your favorite memory at Marquette?
MS: I sometimes go to 10PM masses. The first one I went to freshman year, I felt like I fit in instantly. I realized right then and there Marquette was my home and I felt a sense of community at Mass. It was a great moment and realized I picked the best place to go to school.

HCMU: What is your dream job?
MS:
I would LOVE to be a photographer for National Geographic. I did a National Geographic Student Expedition my summer after junior year of high school and I learned so much from it. However, there aren’t many in the world, so it’s pretty competitive.

HCMU: Do you have a favorite quote?
MS: Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. -Dr. Seuss

Thanks, Matthew!

A small town gal from America's Dairyland with aspirations to become a Physical Therapist. Loves rowing, cooking, scrapbooking, chocolate, couponing, animals, hanging out with friends, and anything Wisconsin related. Currently attending Marquette University.
Prefer to consume my calories in liquid form. Living in the land of beer and cheese. Dreamer. Explorer. Wanderer.