This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Importance of Music

Music inspires people. It changes your state of mind and has the capacity to transform you. Music helps people forget themselves, their problems, and the commotion of the mind and relinquish to something bigger than who they are. Music heightens senses; it enhances emotions and extracts memories. The melodies of songs and instruments have the power of placing one in a completely different mentality. It is an outlet.

Music saved my life. People tend to overlook the influence of music, but there is nothing more I appreciate. Music has the power of making individuals feel something, regardless of how empty they might be. Music describes emotions that have no words or no way to be conveyed other than through music itself. In addition, music is the least analytical of all the arts and inarguably the most sociable of all forms of expression. Music is an intimate and personal experience but can also bring people together. The shared experience of music is so unique. Even communicating with others, despite the language barrier, music can bring each individual together in a powerful collective experience.

Emma McDevitt

Marquette '20

Hello, I am Emma McDevitt! I am a Junior at Marquette University and studying Marketing & Advertising. 
Aisling Hegarty

Marquette '18

Don't waste a minute not being happy