How to Vote Today in the Wisconsin Primary

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Due to Wisconsin’s Voter ID Law, starting with this spring primary, all Wisconsin voters, including students, must show an acceptable ID in order to receive a ballot and cast their vote. This is in addition to registration. If you aren’t already registered, you can register on-site at the AMU with a few utility bills.

Any of these 5 IDs are counted as acceptable, even if they are expired:

• A Wisconsin-DOT issued driver’s license, even if driving privileges are revoked or suspended.
  • A Wisconsin-DOT issued identification card.
  • A Wisconsin-DOT issued identification card or driver’s license without a photo, issued under the religious exemption.
  • Military ID card issued by a U.S. uniformed service.
  • A US passport book or card.

You can use any of these IDs, but they must be current and unexpired:

• A certificate of naturalization that was not issued more than two years prior to the date of the election at which it is presented. (April 5, 2014 and newer)
  • A driving receipt issued by Wisconsin-DOT. (Valid for 45 days)
  • An identification card receipt issued by Wisconsin-DOT. (Valid for 45 days)
  • An identification card issued by a federally recognized Indian tribe in Wisconsin.
  • A photo identification card issued by an accredited university, college or technical college in Wisconsin that contains the signature of student, the date the card was issued, and an expiration date no later than two years after date of issuance. Also, the university, college or technical college ID must be accompanied by a separate document that proves current enrollment such as an enrollment verification letter, class schedule, or tuition fee receipt.
  • A citation or notice of intent to revoke or suspend a Wisconsin DOT-issued driver license that is dated within 60 days of the date of the election.

Marquette offers a student voter ID for students who are currently enrolled. You can apply for a Voter ID in Union Station at the AMU.

If you are registered at your campus address, your polling place will be at the AMU. Voting is open until 8 p.m. tonight. Get out there and make your voice heard!

Prefer to consume my calories in liquid form. Living in the land of beer and cheese. Dreamer. Explorer. Wanderer.