How to Make the Best of the Last Weeks in the School Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

How to Make the Best of the Last Six Weeks in the School Year 

We are finally in the home stretch of the school year! Although it is super exciting, there are still things you should do before you go home for the summer. Here’s what I suggest: 

1. Pay attention in your classes and stay on top of your work

Although you may feel like slacking off a bit and winding down, don’t let yourself! The year is almost over and you will definitely regret not pushing yourself to work hard and do your best. Instead, allow yourself time for breaks and fun without sacrificing your school performance. 

2. Plan out your schedule for next semester

The time is near to choose your courses and schedule for next year’s first semester. Take this time to think things through and evaluate what you want and what you should be doing. Having a course of action before you have to sign up will reduce some stress and make the process more relaxed. BUT ALSO make sure to have backup courses ready just in case you aren’t able to get into a class you want. 

3. Go out and have fun! 

Whether that be going to a party, out to dinner, or exploring some place new, you should totally go out and do something fun with your friends. This is especially true for those who don’t live near their college campus/town/city, because you will probably miss it over the summer. 

4. Enjoy spending time with your college friends

Even though you will probably still hang out with them over the summer, it won’t be the same as living with them or seeing them every day at school. Take these last few weeks to really have fun with your friends and end the school year with a bang! 

5. On that note, make sure to make plans for the summer with your college friends! 

Try to see them as much as you can over the summer, and when you make plans, stick to them! Start thinking about a few things you want to do during the summer together and look into them. You have your friends from high school and home, of course, but you now have your college friends too- and you are really going miss them! 

6. Secure a job for the summer 

If you don’t already have a job secured for the summer and are looking for work, then now is crunch time to find employment! Decide where you’d like to get a job and then apply ASAP. Be sure to have a few other options of places you would work too, just in case the place you want to work at isn’t hiring.

Keep your heads up, everyone. The end is near!

Lexi Poidomani

Marquette '21

Hey, I'm Lexi Poidomani and I am one of Her Campus MU's Campus Correspondents! I am currently a junior at Marquette majoring in Journalism. I am passionate about all things fashion, beauty, and lifestyle!
Aisling Hegarty

Marquette '18

Don't waste a minute not being happy