How To Get Fully Back Into School Mode

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

How To Get Fully Back Into School Mode

The first week of school has come and gone but that doesn’t mean we are all adjusted yet. No matter how old you are, school takes some getting used to. Here are some tips to make the transition easier:

Get Organized

Organization is so important for a successful school year. If you don’t have a planner, you’re missing out! Planners are great for writing down due dates, social events, and breaks so you always know what’s going on in your life. Use this to start making daily schedules and getting back into a routine. This will help so much with time management.

Get Inspired

Sometimes school is hard. Sometimes it’s difficult to remember why we’re in school in the first place. Use the beginning of the school year to make goals and figure out what you want to do with your education. That way when you are struggling or feeling uninspired later in the year, you can look back and remember why you are working so hard!

Keep a Balance

Just because school has started doesn’t mean you have to go incommunicado with friends. Even though classes are time consuming, don’t forget to make time for your things other than homework. You can even combine friends and school by making a study group, eating meals together between classes, or joining a club together.

Don’t be Afraid of Failure

New and unfamiliar classes can be scary because it means that you’re entering uncharted territory and giving yourself the opportunity to fail. Although this can be a scary prospect, remember that there is usually a learning curve for new topics and that your classmates may be going through the same thing. Failure is not the end of the world.

Take Care of Yourself

Being healthy, emotionally or physically, can be difficult. Health is still super important to living a balanced and productive life. Even if you don’t hit the gym every day, there are some easy things you can do to stay in shape. Walk to class or take whenever you can. Go to the salad bar instead of eating pizza for the 5th night in a row. Get lots of rest; remember that going out overnight may be fun but it’s not great for your health. Sometimes a night in is good to recharge.

Have Fun

As cliche as it sounds, college is super fun! There are so many opportunities to take advantage of like sports games, awesome charity events, enriching clubs, and cool performers. Participating in these can make school seem like a lot less work than it actually is!

Political Science Major at Marquette University
Aisling Hegarty

Marquette '18

Don't waste a minute not being happy