roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Collegiette’s Guide to Milwaukee Coffee Shops

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Milwaukee: The land of cheese, Packers and coffee. Whether you’re brand new to MKE or think of it as your hometown, you know Milwaukee serves up some of the best cups of Joe in the Midwest. Fortunately for you, Her Campus is breaking down the best cup of caffeine in town:

Colectivo:

Probably the most popular coffee shop in Milwaukee, Colectivo is the perfect place to grab a bite to eat (I suggest the Avocado BLT) or spend an afternoon to catch up on studying. Plus, locations are everywhere, from downtown to the 5th Ward to the Lakefront. It’s a local favorite! 

Stone Creek:

One of the coolest things about Stone Creek is they have iced coffee on tap. This cold-brewed iced coffee is some of the best I have ever had (and I am a self-proclaimed iced coffee connoisseur). Purchase a jug, and then get discounted refills. There truly is no such thing as too much iced coffee, especially from Stone Creek.  

Marquette’s The Brew:

In all fairness, people who work at The Brew receive very little training before being thrown into the craziness that is under-caffeinated Marquette students trying to figure out what is on the meal plan. That said, avoid the regular coffee (a.k.a the free stuff). If you want a drink that won’t have coffee beans floating on the top, spend a little extra and try one of the seasonal specials. From apple cider to peppermint mochas, it’s worth the dining dollars. Remember: You automatically have $20 with your meal plan and they don’t carry over semesters. 

Starbucks:

Here we have the classic. Like Colectivo, Starbucks is basically on every corner in Milwaukee so you know what you’re getting each and every time you go. With one located conveniently on 16th and Wisconsin, it’s the perfect spot to get homework done between classes. If you frequent this location enough, the baristas will probably learn your name and your order.

The quick and dirty version: You can’t possibly go wrong with any of these choices, especially when it comes to staying awake for the all-nighters you have ahead of you.

Stay caffeinated, Marquette!

Prefer to consume my calories in liquid form. Living in the land of beer and cheese. Dreamer. Explorer. Wanderer.