10 Places You Need to Try in Milwaukee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

10 Places You Need to Try in Milwaukee

Are you tired of Sodexo? Too tired to make food? Tired of the same old Ramen Noodles?  Look no further. Here is a list of 10 places you must try in Milwaukee!

1. Solly’s Grille: 4629 N Port Washington Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53212. Solly’s is known for their butter burgers that will make your mouth melt. While you are there, try one of their delicious old-fashioned milk shakes.

2. Lisa’s Pizza: 2961 N Oakland Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53211. Lisa’s is known for being around since the 1960’s. This old- fashioned restaurant serves the best thin crust pizza and cheesy garlic bread.

3. Leon’s Frozen Custard: 3131 S 27th St, Milwaukee, WI 53215. Leon’s gives Kopp’s a good run for their money. First started in the 1940’s Leon’s serves up some delicious custard.

4. Conjito’s Place: 539 W Virginia St, Milwaukee, WI 53204. Conjito’s is ranked #1 for Cheap Eats. Their tacos are delicious. Here’s the best part: no food is over $5.00!

5. Barnacle Bud’s: 1955 S Hilbert St, Milwaukee, WI 53207. If you are looking for some great seafood, look no further! There are daily specials and it is right on the river.

6. Rock Bottom: 740 N Plankinton Ave #1, Milwaukee, WI 53203. If you are looking for giant burgers and the best Mac N’ Cheese in town, this is the place to go!

7. Wolf Peach: 1818 N Hubbard St, Milwaukee, WI 53212. Known for their European style dinners, wood-fire pizza and great brunch.

8. Buca di Beppo: 1233 N Van Buren St, Milwaukee, WI 53202. Ever wanted to see a half pound meatball? Buca’s is the place to go for family style meals. Order a few pasta dishes and split them among the table. Best part: there is always a coupon when you sign up for their emails!

9. BD’s Mongolian Grill: Bayshore Town Center, 598 West Northshore Drive, Glendale, WI 53217. At BD’s, you can build your own stir-fry bowl and watch while they cook it in front of you on a giant stone. Mondays and Tuesdays are student night.

10. Comet Café: 1947 N Farwell Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53202. Comet Café is a small cozy café serving up delicious comfort food. If you like bacon, this is the place to go.

Bon Appetit!

Aisling Hegarty

Marquette '18

Don't waste a minute not being happy