10 Best Milwaukee Date Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Okay, let’s be honest. We would all love to go on an extravagant yet spontaneous Nicolas Sparks movie kind of date, but that is pretty unrealistic (pause for tears).  Luckily for all of you Milwaukee ladies, there are a few other just as memorable dates to take your crush or boyfriend on!

Food Tour This is a great spin on the popular dinner on a first date. Milwaukee has tours in the Third Ward and on Brady Street. Hopefully the date goes well; but even if it doesn’t, you got to taste some of Milwaukee’s best foods.

Dinner cruise on the river This date is for you if you really want to get your romance on.  Put on a cocktail dress and tell your date to be ready for a romantic evening on the river under the city lights.

Walk by the lake This is a classic get-to-know-you date. Milwaukee has a beautiful shoreline with endless paths along Lake Michigan. Get a little exercise and get to know your guy a little better.

Brewers game Baseball games are a great date because there is so much going on, so you are able to have fun and let loose.  It is a total no-pressure atmosphere that involves sausages running around the bases. Who can say no to that?

Public Market Ah, another eating date.  The Public Market is a classic place in Milwaukee with tons to look at and delicious food of all kinds. Plus, there’s a wine bar that you can hit up after dinner!

Movie at the Downer or Oriental Theatre The Downer and Oriental Theatres are old live theatres with 1900s style architecture.  Both are really beautiful and show only the best movies.

Milwaukee Art Museum The Milwaukee Art Museum is the treasure of Milwaukee and is within walking distance of Marquette.  The building itself is a work of art. This date will give you plenty to talk about — even if you are just admiring your date and not the artwork.

Coffee at Colectivo Don’t even get me started on Colectivo.  Take your classic coffee date to a new level by going to Colectivo and getting a cup of Joe.  There are 13 locations around the Milwaukee area offering the coolest atmosphere and great drinks.

Brunch This is a flawless date because honestly, who doesn’t love brunch? Milwaukee has some of the best brunches in the country. Try out Comet Café, Blue’s Egg or Simple Café. A brunch date sounds cuter than a dinner date anyways.

Brewery Tour Milwaukee does happen to be the city of beer, so this is another fun interactive date. Try out the Lakefront Brewery or one of the many others that offer free samples and a great atmosphere to enjoy with your cutie.

Driven by fashion, love and the power to discover.  Obsessed with coffee, instagram and DIY projects. Share a smile with a stranger... becuase why not? 
Prefer to consume my calories in liquid form. Living in the land of beer and cheese. Dreamer. Explorer. Wanderer.