Introducing HC Marist’s New Editor-in-Chief: Madison Vettorino

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Name: Madison Zoey Vettorino

Major/Minor: Communications (Journalism and Public Relations concentrations)

Hometown: Brookfield, Connecticut

HC: Congratulations on completing your freshman year at Marist, Madison! What was your favorite memory of this year?

MV: Thanks! I’ve had a great time this year, so it’s hard to pick just one! Probably a toss-up between when my friends and I took photos under the Marist Christmas tree, and just relaxing and eating chinese food with my friends and laughing and hanging out together. Of course my favorite memory has to do with food, haha! But seriously I’ve made so many memories this year. It’s kind of a shock to the system still, I can’t believe I am done with my first year of college. I feel like I still haven’t absorbed everything that I’ve been lucky enough to experience yet, it still feels surreal, like I just moved in yesterday.

HC: Congrats on being elected HC Marist’s new Co-Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief! What are you most excited about as a new leader of HC Marist?

MV: Thank you so much! I am so honored and excited to be taking on a leadership role in this incredible club. I feel so lucky that I have the opportunity to watch this club grow and evolve and really partake in that, it’s come so far since I joined this year, and I can’t wait to see where it goes in the future. Her Campus is such an awesome organization to be part of because it’s fun and relatable; it’s a publication unlike any other and next year as a new leader I want to make sure that it stays that way and gets even better than it already is!

HC: Do you have a favorite article you’ve written for Her Campus? If so, which one and why?

MV: Yes! My first article I wrote for Her Campus will always have a very special place in my heart. It was titled “10 Ways to Get Yourself Organized This Semester” and I remember that feeling of happiness when it was posted! I was so proud to be a Her Campus writer. So I think that has to be my favorite article I’ve written for Her Campus thus far, because of its association with that memory. Also, it was so much fun to write.

HC: What are your plans for the Summer?

MV: Relaxing with family and friends, and working! A casual summer, which I think I need after my first year away at college! I can’t wait to go to my favorite bagel store, see my best friends from high school, and hopefully meet up with my Marist friends at the beach sometime this summer!

HC: What are you most excited about for your sophomore year at Marist?

MV: A LOT of things! I get to have my car on campus next semester, so that’s a really big thing for me because I have missed driving so much this year. Also, I’m excited to start taking more classes in my major! I haven’t even left yet and I already miss my friends, so I can’t wait to make more crazy funny memories with them. Also, this might sound weird, but I’m really excited to decorate my new dorm room. I love interior design, so that’s something I am really looking forward to. And of course I’m excited to come back and start being Editor in Chief/Co Campus Correspondent for Her Campus!

HC: What advice would you have for incoming freshman at Marist?

MV: Get involved. And not for the sake of priority points (although those are important!); do things because you are passionate about them. Also, open your mind to new interests, hobbies, and perspectives. You’re going to meet people that have a different view on the world than you do, embrace that because even if you don’t agree with them, everyone has something to teach you. Also, realize that everything happens for a reason. I really believe that; I’ve met some of my best friends here by happenstance encounters, and I feel so lucky that I have. Invest in a really good agenda because in college there is always so much going on that you need to write everything down in order to keep up with it! And have fun. It can be easy to get caught up in the stress of classes and being away from home in the first time, but enjoy yourself.  Enjoy those “freshman moments,” because you only get to experience them once.