Style

The Top 4 Spring Trends Inspired by Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

By Grace Murphy

1. American Dream. The colors red, white, and blue will be everywhere this upcoming spring. Follow this trend by adding pops of red and blue or clothing with stars! 

On the runway: Calvin Klein and Monse. 

For every day street style: This dress from NastyGal is super cute and trendy without looking like you’re off to a Fourth of July BBQ! Walk of Fame Star Dress – $50 but on sale now for $30!

2. It’s a Sheer Thing! See-through style clothing has been trendy for quite some time now but it is not going anywhere. Sheer tops or dresses with slips or bralettes under them are here to stay. The super scandalous yet cute style is easy to pull off and flattering on anyone.

On the runway: Mansur Gavriel, Jeremy Scott. 

For every day street style: Out From Under Mesh Tee – $24.00 but on sale now for $9.99!

3. Not Your Mother’s Denim. Jeans will never go anywhere but each season designers create different ways to keep them modern. This spring jeans with embroidery and cool stitching will continue to dominate. The more different the jeans are the trendier you will be.

On the runway: Solace London, Adam Selman. For every day street style: Two Toned Venus Flares Special Edition, $98.00.

4. Parka Season! Stay warm and trendy with a parka. Being practical and cute is necessary and parkas are just that. They were seen everywhere on the runway and will definitely be a staple in everyone’s closet this spring.

On the runway: Bottega Veneta, Calvin Klein 205W39, Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta, Valentino.

For every day street style: Modal-blend Parka: Only $24.99!