This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

If you’ve never met Danielle Lauro, chances are, you’ve also never visited Marist College’s Steel Plant Studios. Danny is a Digital Media and Studio art double major, and works at the studio’s gallery, so it is no surprise her outfits are aesthetic goals. Danny’s covetable style is perfect for your go-to on campus looks. Whether she’s headed to class or a night out, you can bet Danny has found the perfect compromise of chic-yet-practical fashion. I sat down with the Instagram-obssesed art major to get her take on style:

HC: How do you find that your passion for art influences your everyday style?

DL: I have always been attracted to very minimalistic, very clean cut and sophisticated. I think that reflects into what I wear because it’s very simple, but has a pop at the same time.

HC: Where do you find your style inspiration?

DL: I find my style inspiration from people that I see on the street, I get inspiration just by looking at people, from the shows that I watch, and people that I see on Instagram.

HC: Describe your go-to look for class.

DL: I like to wear black pants and a black shirt and add some accessories to change it up, whether it be an interesting scarf or a jacket. I usually do a black base and add an accessory on top of that.

HC: Favorite accessory?

DL: My favorite accessory is my leather jacket because it’s a staple piece; you can throw it on top of anything and it instantly looks like ten times cooler.

HC: Best way to change up a look?

DL: The best way to change up your look is to go outside your comfort zone and wear something you wouldn’t normally wear, so if you normally wear the color black (like I do), then throw on a jacket with floral pattern or even a cool hat.

HC: Where is your favorite place to shop?

DL: My favorite place to shop is Zara, they have great basics, but then also have funky little pieces that can spice up any outfit.

HC: Best look so far this awards season?

DL: My favorite look of the current awards season is Lily Collins’ Zuhair Murad Couture dress at the Golden Globes.

Follow Danny on Instagram @danny.lauro and if you share the #coffeelove, find her at @dannys.coffee too!

Katie Heaton is a Junior at Marist College, where she studies Marketing and Fashion Merchandising. She is perpetually early, and is currently dreaming up a plan to become the next Olivia Pope. A self-proclaimed coffee addict, you may spot her sipping on Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts on the same day. Follow her on Instagram! @katie_heaton