John Mulaney’s “Kid Gorgeous Tour” is a Must See

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

John Mulaney is probably the only person on this earth that makes me laugh whenever he opens his mouth.  He has that something that makes people laugh uncontrollably, and he’d probably be happy to guess what that “something” is, most likely in some self deprecating way.  That essentially sums Mulaney up.  He isn’t afraid to make fun of his existence, in fact, he seems to enjoy it.  This sarcastic and realistic means of telling jokes makes his performances seem effortless and casual, always making me cry with laughter by the end of it.

I watch John Mulaney’s comedy specials on Netflix whenever I’m sad or mad, so, almost every day.  Despite the fact that I could probably recite his sets word for word at this point, I never get tired of watching them.  It was my obsession with these specials that led me to see John Mulaney live on his Kid Gorgeous tour.   By the end of his hour, I was properly disheveled; hair disarray and mascara down cheeks due to his hysterical antics.When I heard of his Kid Gorgeous tour being released for viewing on Netflix, to say I was elated would be an understatement.  I watched it right away to relive what was probably the funniest night of my life.  With jokes about the absurdity of college, the struggles of adulthood, and having the uncomfortable sex talk with your father, Mulaney’s set certainly did not disappoint.  His metaphor of the Trump presidency being the equivalent of a horse loose in a hospital was another personal favorite.

John Mulaney is one funny guy.  The fact that I now have three comedy specials available to watch, and memorize word for word, is amazing.  I hope to see even more from Mulaney through the years so that I can continue to laugh until it hurts.

Image Obtained From: Popsugar

Elizabeth is a senior at Marist College studying Public Relations and Advertising.  Currently serving as the Editor in Chief and CC of the Marist Chapter, she enjoys writing about entertainment, music, lifestyle, and news.