This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

With the holidays rapidly approaching, I have been searching for the perfect gifts for my loved ones.  I am a sucker for meaningful and thoughtful gifts, so I’m always on the lookout for new and unique ideas.  While engraved jewelry is a staple in the world of gifting, it can get old very quickly.  While experiencing a gift shopping rut, I came across possibly the coolest and most unique product that I have ever seen–and it’s sold for an amazing cause.  

The Giving Keys is a pay it forward company that was formed by now CEO, Caitlin Crosby.  This company sells beautiful jewelry, all displaying keys of different shapes and sizes.  Customers can choose from either earrings, bracelets, key chains or necklaces on their website as well as the size they would like their key to be.  The best part of these pieces of jewelry, however, are in the message.  Each key is engraved with a single word that the customer can decide on.  Some of the options include, “Courage,” “Strength,” and “Inspire.”  The keys are meant to be passed on to inspire others once the previous owner feels they have received the motivation they needed from the key.

Every purchase made to The Giving Keys supports the creation of jobs for people who are transitioning out of homelessness.  This amazing company has provided over 70 job opportunities to people who are working hard to get back on their feet, showing the true impact the pay it forward community can have.

These keys are not only inspiring to those who purchase them, but also endlessly helpful to those in need.  Purchase a key for a loved one–or for yourself!  Help spread The Giving Keys’ moving message and make a positive impact on your community today.  

Elizabeth is a senior at Marist College studying Public Relations and Advertising.  Currently serving as the Editor in Chief and CC of the Marist Chapter, she enjoys writing about entertainment, music, lifestyle, and news.