This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Every college student loves a good deal. And what could be better than that? An even better deal – something for free. Totally free. Not some gimmicky buy five of these and get one free, or spend $100 to get this “free” item that sells for $15. I mean no strings attached free. Here are a few freebies I’ve found in my searches:

Stickers!

Who doesn’t love stickers? Most of the time companies send stickers when you order a product in the mail. But what if you want to show your support for the company and spread the word without breaking the bank? Good news. Most companies will send stickers if you just email and ask!

Billabong: Fill out your name and address and wait about four weeks for your stickers.

Coca-Cola: Do you love Coke products? Send them an email saying how great their products are with your address and expect stickers in return.

Southern Tide: Simply fill out this online form and expect stickers in the mail.

Patagonia: Check off if you would like to receive a catalog or stickers then just input your information.

Vineyard Vines: Email the company through their contact page and ask for stickers! They’ll respond with a link to follow.

Science: Are you a fan of all things science? Take a quick fun quiz for this free “Got Science?” sticker.

Sperry Topsider: Email Sperry praising their company and include your address for free stickers.

Samples!

Kind: Follow this link to send a friend a Kind snack for doing something kind. Simply fill out the form and when they check their email they can redeem their snack. (You can also send yourself one using a second email if you feel you’ve been exceptionally kind).

Pads and Tampons: There’s nothing worse than getting your period until you remember you don’t have any pads or tampons left. Kotex has four great sample boxes to choose from – each contains 6 items!

Playtex is also giving away free samples of their products, and we can never have too many spare essentials.

Emergen-C: Cold and flu season is here and we need every line of defense possible.

Razor: We all have shaving horror stories; forgot a spot here, razor burn there, now Gillette wants to hear about it. Share your horror story for a free razor here.

Makeup: Become a Sephora Beauty Insider for free makeup on your birthday (plus each online order comes with 3 free samples).

Perfume: Fill out this form for a free sample of Dior perfume.

Photos: Download the Shutterfly app to receive free 4×6 or 4×4 prints. A great way to brighten up your dorm or give a thoughtful gift.

Want More Freebies?

If there is a product or company you really like, email their customer service and ask about free samples, promotions, or coupons and discounts. After emailing Republic of Tea about how much I loved their products they sent me free samples in the mail. Not all companies respond and not all offer free products or samples, but it’s worth a try! Especially if you enjoy the brand. 

Paige Moran is a Senior at Marist College with a major in Secondary English Education, concentration in Literature, and minors in Psychology, and Global Studies. When Paige isn't proofreading all of her friend's papers you can find her petting any nearby dogs and puppies, reading, blasting good tunes, or adventuring with her friends and her camera.