The Ultimate Springfest Survival Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Oh Manhattan, it is that time of year again. Cue the drunk bros yelling from the balconies, and Coachella-ready ladies donning flower crowns. This year we’ve been graced with T-Pain, a return of contemporary party music after a few years of country (Kellie Pickler) and alternative rock (All American Rejects). What does this mean for us, the student body? It means we must behave. As a senior, I remember the amazing day that Alesso rocked the life out of Draddy. I also remember the aftermath of the craziest day in Manhattan College’s recent history. It was NOT pretty, and we have paid for it with a hefty price. There is a lesson to be learned here. It is to stay safe, party conscientiously, and remember the Good Neighbor policy. Here are a few tips to get you through Springfest.

1. Sunscreen is your best friend. You do not want to end up like Ted Moseby.

2. 2 to 1 rule will save your liver. For every two alcoholic drinks, have a bottle of water. Not only will you be able to party longer, but also dehydration and sunshine are not a good mix. 

3. Do not throw your garbage on the street. There are garbage/recycling bins literally everywhere on this campus. There is no need to litter. I mean, who likes to quad with a half-eaten apple and a can of Natty Light from three hours ago next to their blanket?

4. Use the buddy system. Alcohol tends to put us in sticky situations. Make sure to travel in groups.

5. Last, but not least: EAT. Drinking on an empty stomach is a recipe for disaster. That stop at Best Deli is definitely worth it. 

So remember Jaspers, get lit, but do it safely. We want more fun events like this.