How To Deal With Being Single During “Cuffing Season”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

The leaves are begining to change, pumpkin spice has begun to fill Starbucks cups, and the days are getting shorter. In other words:

For those who may be unfamliar with the concept of “cuffing season,” here’s a quick definition!

“Cuffing Season” (noun): A time during Autumn and Winter in which people who would normally rather be single or promiscuous find themselves, along with the rest of the world, desiring to be “cuffed” or tied down by a serious relationship.

Now, winter is the peak of “Cuffing Season.” So, do not worry: you have plenty of time to still find someone who is equally as tired of sobbing into pints of Ben & Jerry’s as you are (we’ve all been there). No one wants to be completely alone when the holidays come around; everyone loves a good apple or pumpkin picking Instagram picture and again and, who doesn’t love a great couples Halloween picture? However, you do have numerous alternatives to scowling the bars during last call in hopes of finding someone who may just stick around until Spring. So, don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. Here are the 10 alternatives:

1. Adopt a dog (this really will solve all your problems, but if it’s not in the cards right now, I’ll keep going):

2. Boyfriend Pillow (great for cold nights):

3. Be your own couple picture 

4. Apple picking is over-rated and expensive (just buy apple pie):

5. Make your friends hangout with you forever:

6. Join the relationship of your close friends:

7. Relish in your solitude: 

8. Maybe you’re thinking to big picture. After all, you don’t have to marry this person:

9. Don’t settle for just one person though:

10. If none of these work, picking up a new hobby is the bee’s knees:

Just in case… Boyfriend Pillow.

Abby Welte

Manhattan

Manhattan College student majoring in Communication and an Intern for the New Jersey Devils. I'm not legally allowed to play board games in at least 9 states, enjoy long walks on a short pier, trying anything with frosting on it and yelling at my TV when hockey is on.