stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Tips For Getting To The Gym In Time For Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Now that Spring Break is right around the corner, it is almost time to turn in those pants and scarves for that cute new bikini you cannot wait to wear. It can be hard trying to find the motivation to get yourself to the gym but with some simple tips, getting to the gym on a daily basis has never been easier. In a short amount of time and some dedtication you can find youself on the beach rocking that amazing spring break body of yours! The only person stopping you from getting to the gym and taking care of your body is you. Here are some tips to help motivate you to get your butt to the gym in time for spring break!

Remember why you’re doing it

If you find yourself struggling to get yourself to the gym, set a goal and inspiration you can look forward to. This way you can keep a goal in mind on those days when you are just feeling lazy and rather chill out in bed than go to the gym. Tip: Try posting a photo of a cute bikini to your wall so that it can remind you why you are working out. Find something that will keep you motivated!  

Find a gym buddy

Odds are you are not the only one of your friends trying to get yourself to the gym so you can look great in that bikini for spring break. Ask a friend to join you at the gym so you can  help motivate each other and that way you won’t have to go to the gym alone.

Have a workout playlist

One huge workout motivator is music to go along with your workout. Your favorite music will keep you going and motivated to run longer and push yourself harder in the gym. This way your workout will be and feel more rewarding. 

No more excuses

No more making excuses for yourself not to workout because you don’t have“ time.” Instead, before you go to bed pack a bag full of your gym clothes and pencil in your workout in your daily planner. This way you can’t skip the gym and you will always have time to workout. Checking off your hard workout at the end of the day will feel rewarding and have you feeling better. 

Make a plan

Don’t show up at the gym without a workout plan or any idea of what you will be doing. Instead, plan a workout in advance so you’ll know exactly what you need to do. Personally, I keep a set of workouts in my phone for various days. I make sure to do at least 20 minutes of cardio and focus one day on my legs and another on my abs. Try to keep your workout plans in your notes on your phone so you can always have it with you. 

Embrace your imperfections

Let’s face it; everyone has something that they do not like about themselves. Don’t expect to rid yourself of all that cellulite or that little pooch you just cannot seem to get rid of right away. Instead learn to love your body and start taking care of it! By working out regularly and trying to eat healthier you will look better and most importantly feel better about yourself.