This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Almay recently launched their shadow quad eyeshadow; they contain colors from neutrals all the way to more vibrant purples and blues. I got my hands on their new product from the Her Campus Survival Kit and was genuinely surprised by their packaging. When a beauty enthusiast thinks of which company is rocking the packaging game companies like Too Face or Benefit come to mind. However, upon a look at these new products, the packaging has a sleek and clean look. The product is closed by a magnet and is contained within a crystal-clear plastic. The physical colors looked notably bright and vibrant within the containers, but when swatching the colors, there was a lack of the vibrancy. The swatches were disappointing considering the beautiful appearance.

Despite the swatches, I went ahead and tried to create an eyeshadow look. When applying the eyeshadow, I found them to be less pigmented than advertised. They were not creamy or smooth unlike other brands; they just simply felt of. My brushes couldn’t pick up the eyeshadow it was as if I was trying to apply it without dipping in the product. I even tried to add water on my brush to help apply the eyeshadow but it didn’t seem to make a difference. No matter how much I dipped into the shadow, I couldn’t get nearly enough product. To be quite honest I gave up shortly after, the product just wouldn’t be o the brush and once it did it refused to be blended out.

So, I concluded that the eyeshadow was dull, flat and blotchy. This result was extremely disappointing because all their advertisements showed the colors with a vibrancy I came to expect but instead I received the opposite. Many other beauty enthusiasts showed off their looks on social media and I honestly was surprised they achieved the look they did. I don’t know if I simply received a bad batch, but I just couldn’t achieve any type of a look and was disappointed with these eyeshadows.

Even though this product was a bust for me, Almay does have some hidden gems within their lines. This was a miss, in my opinion and I honestly wouldn’t recommend this product. When going to the drug store, one is more likely to find a better product for about the same price.

From Her Campus Survival Kit

I am a fourth year student at Loyola University Chicago. I am highly interested in journalism, and social media marketing, especially when it comes to news and fashion. My current experiences consist of sales in different companies throughout the Midwest, such as Ann Taylor and Kate Spade, and editorial work with various companies, including Her Campus and Orange Coast magazine.