This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

5 Tips for Combating Frizzy Hair

With warmer weather quickly approaching, frizzy hair is inevitable. Frizzy hair is most commonly caused by a lack of moisture in the hair shaft but can also be attributed to humidity. Here are five techniques for managing frizzy hair:

1. Use shampoos that are glycerin-packed, sulfate-free, and alcohol-free.

Shampoos that are loaded with sulfate and alcohol can dry hair strands more quickly. Using a shampoo that is high in glycerin helps to create a protective layer over the hair shaft to prevent further damage and breakage.

Photo Courtesy of L’Oréal Paris  

2. Use a hydrating mask 1-2 times per week.

While there are a variety of products on the market for hydrating hair, I like to turn to natural remedies when I feel like my hair needs extra moisture. Coconut oil and olive oil are great alternatives to hydrating hair strands if you don’t want to spend the extra money on a store-bought hair mask. I usually apply one of these oils as a mask at night for a deep conditioning effect. I let the product set in my hair while I sleep and rinse it out in the morning. This is a great way to restore moisture to your hair and prevent frizz in the future.  

Photo Courtesy of Nature’s Way

3. Brush your hair regularly.

Brushing your hair regularly helps distribute the scalp’s and roots natural oils to the rest of the hair. These natural oils can help trap out humidity from entering the hair shaft and strengthen hair strands.

4. Use an anti-frizz product for touch-ups.

Anti-frizz products are great solutions for taming frizzy hair. This survival kit season at Her Campus Loyola, we received Bed Head by TIGI’s Get Twisted Anti-Frizz finishing spray. This finishing spray can be used on wet or dry hair to protect hair from frizz and lock in wavy or curly hair. The product has a dual purpose working as a hairspray and anti-frizz solution. It promises to combat frizz and humidity for up to 72 hours.

Photo Courtesy of TIGI

5. Use a silk pillowcase.

This Kardashian-approved technique has been proven to prevent split-ends and maintain shiny hair. Using a silk pillowcase can reduce the creases and frizz that accumulate in hair overnight.

Photo Courtesy of Slip Silk Pillowcase

Samar is a senior broadcast journalism major and global and international studies minor at Loyola. Although she hails from Toledo, Ohio, Samar has found homes in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Rome. She has spent the past three years with Her Campus, sharing her insights on politics, women's issues, as well as beauty and lifestyle hacks.  
Annie Kate Raglow is a fourth-year honors student at Loyola University Chicago. She is a journalism major with a music minor, and she enjoys her role as contributor for the LUC chapter of Her Campus. Annie was Campus Correspondent when the chapter re-launched at LUC. She has a passion for traveling and meeting new people, as well as advocating for social issues. Career goals (as of right now) include opportunities in investigative or documentary journalism. Music is a huge part of Annie's life, and one of her favorite pastimes is performing at local Chicago "open mic" nights. She also loves finding independent coffee shops! Annie is ambitious in pursuit of her journalism and music skills, and loves everything that Her Campus has to offer.