Welcome to TommyLand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

It was 3 P.M. on a Wednesday and I was standing in line for the Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Show at Venice Beach. Excitedly chatting with people in line we were finally let in a little after 4 to the most exclusive carnival-themed event. From the moment you walked in there were pop-up shops where you could buy the *awesome* fashion from the runway, carnival rides, fire-dancers, and a booth where you could get a tote bag and watch them print on the design!

The free goodies isn’t all they had in store though. Walking around Tommyland was a bunch of Youbters and fashion bloggers dressed head to toe in Tommy Hilfiger’s, so they are easy to spot out. The best part was watching all the V.I.P people come in to take their seats and when Kris Jenner came in she actually said “Hi” to me (and to this day I am still freaking out about it).  Even Tommy Hilfiger himself walked around his creation (and smiled at me). Once the V.I.Ps took thier seats it was time for the show.

The runway was the walkway in Tommyland, so everyone lined up around it to watch all of the fabulous models strut their stuff. The star of the show was Gigi Hadid and she absolutely rocked it! The entire collecting was cute and fun, so I cannot wait for the summer to really start rocking these clothes.

And as if the fashion show wasn’t enough Fergie took the stage right after and sang some of her most popular songs. Overall Tommyland was an amazing experience and I am glad I got to attend this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  

Thanks Tommy!

Loyola Marymount University'19 
A Cleveland, Ohio native, Kaitlin is a senior English Major at Loyola Marymount University.