freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Make a Move on Your Crush

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

Making the first move is probably the most difficult task in the world next to studying for a test. We are always waiting for the other person to initiate everything, but we all know that never works out. Here are some tips to help you make the first move and *hopefully* fall in love.

1. Stalk Them

Before you make any move, you need know about your subject. So, I wouldn’t recommend literally stalking them. That’s kind of creepy and illegal too. However, looking through their social media isn’t so bad. You’ll find out their likes and dislikes, and their favorite type of meme. Just be sure not to mention a picture they shared 3 years ago when you talk to them.

2. Slide into their DMs

The most classic way to make a move in a world ruled by the internet. However, starting a conversation is the hardest part. Do I just say “Hi.”? Or is that too plain? Should I just be straight and say “Hey, I think you’re cute and I would love to hold your hand as we walk romantically on the beach.”? Or is that too much? But if you are conversation savvy this one may be the one for you.

3. Send Memes

If you are bad at starting conversations sending a meme may be the best route for you. Everyone loves a good meme, and if you get your crush laughing you can do anything. Trust me, it’s how I got my first boyfriend anyways.

4. Go to A Party Your Crush Attends

This is the most fun, easiest and effective way. If you’re a party person that is. At a party, everyone is having fun, care-free time so just go up to your crush and dance with them. It’s your one chance and if you let it pass you by the when are you ever going to make your move?

Loyola Marymount University'19 
A Cleveland, Ohio native, Kaitlin is a senior English Major at Loyola Marymount University.